A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Digital Scrapbooking  (Read 1814 times)
Tags for this thread: digital_scrapbooking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
destina27
« on: January 15, 2007 04:34:06 PM »

Does anybody here do any digital scrapbooking? I'm just learning about it and would like some more info and tips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thepeachmartini
I enjoy being a dame.

Awkward Unicorn

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007 12:54:24 PM »

I've started a few layouts using Photoshop, but I just don't get the same out of it as I do using "real" paper. I see lots of wonderful creations over on 2Peas, but I just can't seem to get the hang of making mine look so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim (formerly KimmyLynne82)
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog~Twitter: @ThePeachMartini
goldfishhead
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007 12:23:31 PM »

All digital baby!

What do you want to know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
destina27
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007 10:52:39 AM »

Any info would be great. I'm a newbie at digital scrapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Carrie_Stephens

Carrie Stephens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007 11:43:23 AM »

http://scrapbook-bytes.com/cgi-script/tutorials/publish/index.shtml

Is the place to go for tutorials on how to digiscrap Smiley

First find some software such as photoshop elements (this is the one i suggest for beginners)   and then click on the left column to choose your software and find the tutorial that says, creating your first page. 

Hope this helps!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Carrie Stephens
Blog: http://www.carries.typepad.com
goldfishhead
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007 09:37:07 AM »

Well, I can tell you a little bit about how i generaly go about makeing a page...

I start off with a new page, 8.5"x11" at 400 dpi (lower dpi will pixilate at printing, higher...and you probabaly wont notice the difference).

Then I dig through my papers collection, and make a list of papers I might like for what im scrapping, and open them all. Then I open all my pictures of the evnt, pick a few, just like normal. Copy-paste the papers and the photos. I use photoshop pro, so they all paste on as seperate layers. Thats good, becuase then i can mess with each layer indevidualy. You just have to make sure that the paper is the bottum layer, and the pictures are on top of that.

I use the "transform" option with "scale" selected to change the size of my pictures. Thats under "Edit" in the top toolbar. Oh, and when your changeing the size of your pictures, hold down the shift key. thay way the proportions will stay the same, and you wont get squashed pictures.

I can also mess with the contrast, brightness, light/darkness, or color saturation of my pictures. ("image" to "adjustments").

Usualy by this point I feel that my paper isnt quiiiite right, so either i mess with it useing the techniques i just mentioned, or i start haveing fun with layers. In photoshop (pro, at least. its been too long since i used photoshop elements) I can, say, take a different paper, and paste it over my first paper. then, I can go to the side box, where its labled "layers" theres a drop-down menue there, and in a box it will read "normal". If you drop down that menue you have a bunch of options, each of which will change the way the two layers interact. Its hard to describe, but fun to play with. You can get some realy cool effects that way. Oh, and to switch layers, just go to that "layers" side menue, and click on the layer you want to mess with. You can rearange the order of layers by draging them to where you want them to be.

Then, you can also have fun cutting holes in that top layer. that will make the original paper show through, as it originaly looked. You can cut holes with the "eraser", or by useing the select tools (the thing that looks like a dotted line square, on the left, or the thing that looks like a lasso), and selecet "cut" from the "edit" dropdown menue on the top.

Then I dig out my embellishments, and start copy-pasteing those on. One thing I personaly realy like to do is to use the "lasso" tool to cut peices out of my picures, and use them as embellishments. Like I cut out the jack-o-lanterns to use as embellishments for my halloween page, and I used my iceing tubes as embellishments on my "christmas at the gilberts" page. Dont forget that you can also mess with the contrast ect on your embellishments!

Finaly, I add text and other little effects. I might erase some parts with a soft eraser, so it has a fuzzy edge. Or, I might use the pen with a fuzzy edge to add drop-shadows.

Thats a realy basic rundown. I hope it helps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...