A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
230 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: space shuttle and freestanding angel - machemb  (Read 2208 times)
Tags for this thread: space_shuttle , angel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2007 08:09:58 AM »

Here are the other things I made yesterday - sadly I couldn't get Logan to model his shirt - he already had his jammies on...

but here is my pics.  I will update with a better picture... His space shuttle came out sooooo nice.  That sold my husband on the machine.  I am on a roll here - looking for whatever I can embroider! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007 08:15:43 AM »

Wow, these are amazing!!  I can see that you're rocking!!

Great job!  Your sons must love the embroidery machine as much as you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers and Small Things Matter are having their annual auction on April 12 and welcome your donations. Smiley  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457320.msg5516/
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007 08:28:29 AM »

I actually have to go to the store after I pick up Collin/before picking up Logan to get them long sleeve shirts!  They both want shirts.. I thought I had bought some already with the intent to paint them but I just love this thing.  I really really love it.

I was looking at Collin's pull on shoes and thought hey, I could do something on the top of his shoes ..   It is addictive. .. I am wondering where can I buy that peel and stick stabilizer by the yard on a big bolt - and where could I take it to get that bolt cut into the right sized strips... then precut it so all I have to do is grab a sheet.

David is having visions of me making things for a D&D convention - he would go play games and I would work the table... I figure if he is up for flipping the start up cost, I will be happy to do it.  I can make dice bags.. sure!  Tote bags for carrying their loot - sure!  It would be more fun than a stuffy craft show!

Okay.  must get to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007 09:01:34 AM »

Hehehe, I bet they both want shirts.  Smiley  I was wondering how you are going to find the time to craft for us with all their requests?  I say we all take a number.  Smiley

Neat idea!  I like that!  Boy, these kids are going to be going to school in style.  I made Lana a neato cheapo sweatshirt (also from the dollar store - a grey Hanes sweatshirt that was stitched in pink by accident - that I put iron on pink with white bordered letters ANGEL packet, got 2 and made LANA. 

I think they D&D convention is a fab idea.  Those gamers would love some personalized stuff as well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers and Small Things Matter are having their annual auction on April 12 and welcome your donations. Smiley  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457320.msg5516/
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007 09:19:11 AM »

Didn't you know that I have a clone and that we are mentally connected so I get all the satisfaction from all the crafting?
I am thinking I can still crochet or sew and still run the machine - just can't leave the room.. I am starting to like the idea of that monster sized futon in my craft room - going to make up some nice pillow covers  for our pillows so I have cool things to make that uncomfortable futon just a wee bit easier on the bod...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
mirela
mirela

I can do that!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007 11:48:30 AM »

I never thought something like this is even doable!
WAW! you must have a special embroidery machine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everywear by Mirela

Cutting Edge Stitches and Seams Blog

Find me on:
Ravelry:     mirela
BurdaStyle: mirela
Flicker:      fmirela
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007 01:18:24 PM »

Nothing overly special about it - just a regular run of the mill embroidery machine.  The design came from the web - took me a bit to get it figured out to where I wanted to put it... but it was nice.  You have to change the thread at every color change -
any machine that can transfer designs from the web/computer to the machine can do it.  I will get all the bugs out - figuring out what stabilizer goes best with which fabric... etc... there is a knack to it.  I will get it all down - but that space shuttle shirt just came out great I think.. much better than the ankylosaurus one did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...