A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,955
Currently Running With Scissors:
285 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 336870 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Patraw

Punk'd by Pinkie Pie again.

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 10, 2018 12:01:33 PM »

I stabbed myself in the chest with a knitting needle this morning--and I don't even knit!  It drew blood, but it wasn't a serious wound.  I was using the needle as a lever to unbend some metal, and then, when I was finished, I put it inside my jean jacket's inner breast pocket, "wisely" leaving the pointed end angled upwards, and then, when I bent forward, forgetting it was there, I done impaled myself upon it.  It smarted for a while, but I cleaned the shallow puncture out good with soap and water and then applied some hydrogen peroxide to kill any bacteria that might be present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1471 on: May 10, 2018 12:34:18 PM »

Ouch Sad.

I sliced my finger on the down spout today while gardening. My hands are very, very dirty. I will apply some peroxide but I need to keep working so not sure how clean it's going to stay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
RedheadWithThread

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1472 on: May 10, 2018 09:59:23 PM »

Ouch to the knitting needle stab wound and the spout cut. I hope y'all are okay!

I cut the side of my finger on DOLL HAIR of all things. It's not as crazy as it sounds though because this guy had some spiky hair:

I could have probably gotten out of it without injury if I hadn't been trying to keep his hair intact. I'm thinking of using his hair "cap" on another custom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

Punk'd by Pinkie Pie again.

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 11, 2018 09:51:22 AM »

Ouchie!  I'm surprised that you cut your finger on Holt Hyde's hair as the big toy companies like Mattel are usually super paranoid about things like that and round off any sharp edges or use softer/rubbery plastic to avoid injuries.  Monster High guys and ghouls demand blood sacrifices!  The last toy I injured myself on was a McFarlane's Dragons Series 4 Water Clan Dragon  (I impaled my knee on one of the dragon's tail fin spines, which are very pointy, just bumping my leg against her).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedheadWithThread

« Reply #1474 on: May 11, 2018 04:39:19 PM »

She looks dangerous! Shocked
Yeah, one of the edges of his hair caught me *just right* and cut me. His hair's not even sharp! I think it's just cut me because of the amount of force I had to apply to rip it off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1475 on: May 17, 2018 10:29:30 AM »

You guys play with dangerous toys.

My wrist has been feeling a bit painful but I chalked it up to gardening and house repair work and continued on. This morning I was ironing hems on over 40 cloth shopping bags that have been in my stash for like a dozen years just needing handles, I really want them out of the pile of UFOs. I guess I could have taken it a bit more easy, whatever I tweaked in my wrist with the repetitive ironing action now won't let me do anything at all, No gripping power and even just sitting still it hurts. I got a compression device at the drug store but all I can do is sit here lamenting. This sucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
RedheadWithThread

« Reply #1476 on: May 17, 2018 06:27:38 PM »

You guys play with dangerous toys.

That's what makes it fun Wink
I hope your wrist feels better soon, CLM. If it gets worse please go to a doc to make sure you didn't do anything too bad.

I snipped one of my fingers with my micro tip scissors. They have a VERY sharp point and are meant for cutting in tight/awkward spaces. They're perfect for cutting out dolls' clothes so I use them for that and as thread snips. I thought I had my finger just out of the way and when I snipped my finger, these things are so sharp that I thought I just poked myself until I saw it bleeding Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1477 on: May 18, 2018 08:01:32 AM »

The pharmacist said if it's not better by tomorrow I should see the dr. I am not good at resting so of course the minute it felt a little better I went right back to ironing, lol. Then I remembered we were having friends over for dinner so I made a mega meal on top of it all. Thank goodness for the brace but if it doesn't feel better tomorrow it will be entirely my own darn fault.

Is it bad that your post made me look up micro tip scissors because if they are sharp enough to nip fingers I want some for crafting? I am a terrible human Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread

« Reply #1478 on: May 19, 2018 09:30:07 PM »

I'm not good at resting, either. I like moving and doing stuff.

Haha! Not really because I would have had the same thought.

I'm kinda mad about the whole thing with Holt's hair now. Why? Because I bought a "broken" (translation: his leg elastic was broken) Holt from a seller on Mercari for cheap and when he arrived today, his hair had fallen off in transit. What probably happened is the glue holding his hair on let go because it's hot here right now and my mailbox is black so he got heated up pretty good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Picture Frame Tray
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups
@Home This Weekend: Remote Caddy

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...