A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,808
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 335635 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

chrissy.eew

i think carefully before acting rashly.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: September 27, 2005 01:01:48 PM »

ohhhhhhh I hurt for you

aww thanks! i completely felt your pain about the needle under the fingernail.  how do things get jammed up there so easily? owwww.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quote of the day: "That techno-rock you guys listen to is gutless." -valley girl

http://agirlnamedcricket.etsy.com
miffy
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2005 12:46:05 PM »

hi,*raises hand* my name is christine and i'm a clutz.
i was using an exacto knife a few days back to cut out a stencil. the handle was funky so i was just using the blade (add stoopid to clutz) so i'm pressing down and i start thinkin that the back of the blade seems pretty sharp.  i take a moment to look down and realize i pressing down with the blade side up..into my finger. rad.

Totally did the exact same thing the other night. Got a pretty nice skin flap going cause of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chrissy.eew

i think carefully before acting rashly.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2005 01:41:32 PM »

aren't those the worst?
i swear i touch everything with my gimpy finger too.  look at that *stab* ow.
haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quote of the day: "That techno-rock you guys listen to is gutless." -valley girl

http://agirlnamedcricket.etsy.com
efemmera
« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2005 07:03:57 PM »

I have no idea how I managed to do this, but-

I still sleep with a stuffed dog, as I'm really a cuddlewhore. (Ask any of my friends who've ever had to share a bed with me...) I wake up one morning to searing pain shooting down the side of my arm. I stumble around, turn on the light, and lo and behold, I have a huge cut from shoulder to elbow down my left arm. It's 5 in the morning and I'm oozing blood- so not amused. I look around my bed to see if something pointy managed to maul me, and find nothing. Dismissing it as having scratched myself in my sleep, I get back in bed, grab my stuffed dog, and whimper as I go to pull an IMMENSE tapestry needle out of my palm. Apparently the damn thing got stuck in the stuffed dog's paw and I scraped myself on it in my sleep. To this day, I have no idea how this happened. I don't sew in bed, I don't sew anywhere near bed. All of my craft stuff is on the other side of the room...

Of course, everyone asked me what happened the next day when I had a huge gash down my arm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ClassyLassy
« Reply #574 on: September 28, 2005 08:47:10 PM »

wow, i really need to stop reading this thread or i'm going to start to develope a crafting paranoia..

new accident for me: i was soldering some stuff and was using a pair of pliers to move the hot metal around, i turned off the torch, dropped the metal pieces in water but forgot that the pliers were hot and leaned the side of my hand on them..not only that but i did it twice, i now have perfectly matching burns below my pinkies on each hand..also was using a dremel and drilled through my finger a little. it cut a perfect hole and burnt the surrounding tissue both at the same time. yuck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar." -Pablo Picasso
ariisi
« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2005 11:01:35 PM »

I feel for everyone's pain, it seems like I manage to injure myself on a daily basis. Most of my craft-related injuries involve hot glue or knives. Once I stepped on a needle. I still walk around barefoot.

This isn't exactly craft related, but it does involve making things. In high school, I was part of the theatre and we built all of our own sets. Well one day I was cutting some wood with our radial arm saw when I reached up to turn it off and hit my finger on the blade. Thankfully it only grazed the nail, but it still scared the crap out of me. And the worst part was that I had been using that saw for four years! My pride still hurts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

www.forge22.com
Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2005 12:35:38 AM »

I mostly practice safe knitting (whew), but there was that incident with the staple gun and my thumb: monster staple securing my thumb to a piece of wood. Separating myself from it was... fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
lizaroo

Lyz, Lyz, Lyz, Lyz, Lyz, Lyz.

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2005 04:18:20 PM »

just a few days ago i was really smart and stepped on my pin-coution
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 29, 2005 07:50:03 PM »

I made a new purse recntly...sewed my fingertip to the bag. The tip of my left-hand index finger is has a freakish tolerance to stabs, puntures, pricks, etc...because I can't make ANYTHING without stabing that finger.

Glued my finger to my pants once...that same left index finger. 

I have also stepped on needles and open saftey pins, and once jabbed a needle into my knee...
Hot glue, of course, is a bad thing for me. I always think that you should stick your hands into the piece, and mush any paint and glue around; it works better. Which is why my hands are frequently hot-glued or superglued. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
craftyteri
« Reply #579 on: October 04, 2005 04:41:24 PM »

If I had a dollar for every glue gun burn I ever got!!!!  Especially when trying to finish up for a craft fair.  I'd be a rich woman!  Ouch.
Not to mention stepping on a few needles through the years. 
I used to work for a craft designer and one time we were cutting fabric for kits with a rotary cutter and the gal I work with cut the tip of her finger off. Gotta be careful with those rotary cutters! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Rainy Days

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...