A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 314,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
118 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Norah Gauhan cardigan from Vogue Knitting  (Read 62460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2007 03:10:31 PM »

Back as promised, with a photo:

When I first finished, my capecho was a lot like yuvee's but not quite as big. The back was a little tight and short, and then in the front I had the weird long dangling excess that kept bunching up oin my armpits. So I tried to block it to be wider and longer in the back and shorter in the front. After blocking, it was just too damn big all over! I then threw it in the drier for about 10 minutes, and after I took it out and tried it on again, I felt pretty satisfied with the fit- a little longer in the back and not so bunchy/bulky in the front.

My modifications: I used dk yarn (filatura di crosa "zara") on size 5 needles. I also moved the button over so that it buttons about 4 inches from the end of the neckband and added a smaller second button to secure the band.

Here is a closeup of the neckband. You can barely see the second button because it is snuggled up inside a cable.
A couple more photos, including one of the back, are on my blog: http://anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
how much yarn did you use and did you switch the gauge fora smaller size? because i'd like to use that yarn, just confused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hitbyabus

knit your own damn sweater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2007 03:01:41 PM »

finally finished mine today. posted some pics on my bloggity blog: http://knitlit.blogspot.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2007 06:33:46 PM »

I remade mine into a mini-cardi!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
sugarpie
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2007 07:20:07 PM »

Wowee Squeaky!!!  That is beautiful!  It's so super cutie!  I love it!  I'm working on my sleeves just now, and I love the way you added the cable at the bottom part.  Super cute!  I'm using a very similar color.  It's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, I don't know the color number it's on the slip, but I don't have it right next to me right now.  Shocker, because I'm working on this thing furiously.  I'm hoping my small adjustments will make it work.  Yours is just lovely. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
so soon
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2007 09:07:42 PM »

Wow! You win the make it work challenge, squeakyweasels! It is so beautiful! I love how you extended the collar into the buttonband. So impressive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
cnp71201
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2007 02:40:22 PM »

You did a great job fixing this! I think it looks great. I actually wanted to do something similar... any more info on how you did it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
klement
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2007 04:52:11 PM »

wow squeaky! very very clever and impressive!! if mine fails, i will do the same !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

becky6
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2007 09:09:52 PM »

Hi. I've been knitting this too and only posted a couple of comments.

After someone else said they had emailed Vogue knitting but hadn't gotten a reply, I emailed them too. I thought maybe they needed to know there were a lot of us having problems with this thing being too huge. Well, I got an email back asking me to describe in more detail the problem I was having.

I'm finding that hard to do. I'm not done yet (on the first sleeve) and I don't get the whole layout of it enough to know I have it right when I try it on along the way.

Can anyone help explain it for me? Or would it be ok to give her a link to this discussion?

Becky

(sorry if this post appears twice. It disappeared the first time I tried before I finished it. I think it got lost in space, but who knows...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2007 09:14:13 PM »

Yes!  give them the link!  tell them that seeing the pictures might help them understand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laura140281
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2007 06:44:57 AM »

I have finally finished!  I had to modify my capecho as it was much too big.  I removed pentagons 1, 9, 7 and 8, I'm really pleased with it now, I just need to buy a button to fasten it.  I haven't taken a photo of me wearing it yet but the fit is really good, I'm just so glad its finished! Smiley (I'll post a picture of me wearing it when I've put the button on)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007 02:53:49 AM by laura140281 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cool Pupcicles for Hot Dogs
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...