A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Norah Gauhan cardigan from Vogue Knitting  (Read 61267 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

so soon
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2007 11:02:53 AM »

Hitbyabus- for the neckband, I made one row for each row of the pentagrams along the neckband. So for the x small size, I muliplied 7 * 26 and and then added two more for the beginning and end, so I had 184 rows, or about 18.5 repeats. It took about 4 or 5 hours for me to finish.

Good news- After wrestling with my capecho all week- blocking, unblocking and rearranging buttons, I am actually really happy with it! I am even wearing it as I type this! Photos soon, promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
so soon
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2007 02:14:58 PM »

Back as promised, with a photo:

When I first finished, my capecho was a lot like yuvee's but not quite as big. The back was a little tight and short, and then in the front I had the weird long dangling excess that kept bunching up oin my armpits. So I tried to block it to be wider and longer in the back and shorter in the front. After blocking, it was just too damn big all over! I then threw it in the drier for about 10 minutes, and after I took it out and tried it on again, I felt pretty satisfied with the fit- a little longer in the back and not so bunchy/bulky in the front.

My modifications: I used dk yarn (filatura di crosa "zara") on size 5 needles. I also moved the button over so that it buttons about 4 inches from the end of the neckband and added a smaller second button to secure the band.

Here is a closeup of the neckband. You can barely see the second button because it is snuggled up inside a cable.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010 01:32:37 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jodi1978
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2007 02:19:14 PM »

That looks great, I was thinking of doing the same thing Lighter yarn and smaller needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klement
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2007 02:35:34 PM »

hitbyabus - im also working the neckband and have this "stray" pentagon - similar to the one that yuvee has in her photos.

It does acutally seem to work better upside down - but I'm still stuck on this point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klement
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2007 02:37:04 PM »

so soon - love the way you've put together the outfit - and yours is the best capecho i've seen so far!!! hope mine turns out well too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OneCleverMonkey
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2007 02:48:12 PM »

so soon -- you've given me (and probably a few others) hope!  Yours is lovely.  Do you happen to know how much yarn you ended up using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Birds were singing, though with no more or no less religiosity than if they'd been at a New Jersey landfill...

Tom Robbins.

sporadic blogging at:  http://wildthingsrunfast.blogspot.com
so soon
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2007 03:04:41 PM »

Thanks for all the compliments Grin

OneCleverMonkey: I used 7.5 skeins of Zara at 136.5 yards per skein. I bought 9 to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007 03:09:09 PM by so soon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hitbyabus

knit your own damn sweater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2007 05:54:54 AM »

so soon...that is sooo awesome! not sure if i'll have the same luck with mine, but ..i figure if all else fails, this thing will make a gorgeous centerpiece. thanks for not giving up...your blocking technique gives us all hope : )

i'm still working on my neckband, but i posted a bunch of progress pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hitbyabus/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yuvee
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2007 02:28:31 PM »

Oohh....that looks really great!!
I've been getting some motivation here so I'm not giving up yet Wink Hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dexterchickk
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2007 02:39:11 PM »

So I'm on pentagon 3 of my third attempt.  This time I'm making a size M(instead of L) and working on size 5 needles (got gauge) with Caron Simply Soft. 

I had a thought last night, though.  If everyone is having bunching problems under the arms, maybe I should try knitting the second row down 1 needle size from the top row?  This would make a more "V" shaped garment without decreasing stitches.  Or would that just be weird?  I think I'll try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...