A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
190 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 18 - January 1-31  (Read 32236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gatheredthreads
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2007 11:17:08 AM »

I claim Kitty1256 for craft supplies, teas, and a surprise Smiley

This is my 4th claim, 1 in transit and 2 received.

I am in Ontario, Canada.

My wishlist:

crocheted/knitted corals/anenomes/other reef creatures (I am trying to build a crocheted coral reef around the base of my aquarium).  Look here for ideas http://www.theiff.org/exhibits/reef.html

fibers other than wool for spinning (soy, angora, etc)

handspun yarn

recycled sari yarn or any other very unique yarn

a magic yarn ball (I had so much fun with the first one!)

200g of lace weight yarn in green, blue, or purple

something (tote bag? stuffie?) inspired by a sugar skull robot - the only example I have is a picture of a tattoo lol http://www.zhippo.com/NateBeaversHOSTED/images/gallery/nate%20beavers-robo%20skull-gallery1.jpg

a slide pendant inspired by the Vintage Fairies at www.sallyjean.com  I love the creative fairy with the saying "sometimes there was a storm in her brain".  I also love the art fairies with the saying "I must make art".  Or a Salvador Dali inspired one with the quote from my siggie.  Or a Van Gogh inspired one with the quote "I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate"

set of mini beaded icicles: I have a crochet christmas tree, maybe 16 inches tall, that I want to put beaded icicles on (they don't need to be white, but light colours/irridescent/translucent would be good, and 1.5 - 2 inches tall each).  I had planned on making them myself, but I have been having eye trouble and can't focus for long on small beads

polymer clay crochet hooks

fused glass pendant (I like ones that are kinda arty, or have a picture in them:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=137693.0
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120160.0
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136530.0 
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136531.0 )

fabrics from around the world (kimono silks, african dyes & batiks, etc)

very sheer, see-through fabrics for layering on wallhangings - nets, tulles, scrims, gauzes, etc.

varied weights & types of stabilizers for machine embroidery (cut-away, tear-away, heat-away, wash-away) -- I want to play!

setacolor xpandaprint

back issues of Quilting Arts magazine (I have issues 21,22,23,24)

shiva paintstiks

About me: I am 34, soon to be 35.  I have a hubby, 3 year old daughter, dog, cat, lovebird, fish.  I work at home as a programmer.  The free time I get is mostly spent sewing, creating wallhanging art quilts, and knitting/crocheting.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007 11:20:14 AM by artsiefartsie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2007 12:12:12 PM »

I'll claim artsiefartsie for some tulle and maybe some fabric.

This is my 6th claim, all have been sent and 3 have been received.

Im in Canada.

Ethical & Allergies: Im allergic to cat hair, so if you have a cat maybe just dont let it sleep on the stuff you send, and I am not very fond of wool usually.

My list:

-   An alligator amigurumi Thank you craftydeb!

- mini amigurumis for my dolls

- little mini buttons

- fun patterned fabric Thanks bhean!

- 1" pins for my boyfriend and cute kawaii ones like this: http://www.wists.com/chloeiscrazy/c115f5becb311eecc8608940a8ff1200?offset=0 for me!

- Japanese cartoony themed note paper, stationary, stickers, pens, etc! Thank yooou Roxybadoxy and la_chrystelle Cheesy!!! Leaving this up since I can always use more!

- cute cell phone charms. I really love these ones:
http://www.wists.com/chloeiscrazy/eb259e487ddaf87b2d905ab981329638?offset=0

- sewn pencil case/ make up case like this one: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135229.msg1379509#msg1379509 Thanks Groschveux!

- a doll carrying case/bag

- anything kawaii! Check out my wist for this!

- bento box

- littlest pet shop toys ( I would even love any of the ones you can get from McDonalds!!)

Doll Related Stuff:

- dresses, pants, any sewn clothing!
- a hoodie like this: http://www.wists.com/chloeiscrazy/ac0747cf22fd6270cac67769a664aa76?offset=20
- any other accessories ( socks etc) you might have extras of!
- fabric with small scale prints so I can make some clothes myself!
- cute furniture like this: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-2856277-6796959?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0001LATOU
- clay foods/ camera etc
- any little things that can be used in a doll house!!

About me: Hi.. My favorite colours are black, red and blue. I love black and white together as well as black and red. Although I am not at all picky with colours, I love all of them! I have a puppy and a bunny as pets, my puppy thinks they are friends but the bunny thinks differently! I love printed fabrics, fun vintage/retro ones, and bright loud fabrics as well. Im really into dolls right now, specifically Blythe, Pullips and DALs and have my fifth doll coming to me soon.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007 12:16:21 PM by ChloeisCrazy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2007 01:11:43 PM »

This swap will be ending tonight at 10pm central US time... Sorry to not end it at midnight but I am an early to bed kind of a mommy.

Tick Tock guys... who will be the last one to get to pick from this awesome swap thread and be the first one in line for OWS19??  The day is still early - got almost 7 hours left....

You guys have all been great, very generous and extremely creative.
Dulcinea will be taking over the helm for OWS19!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2007 01:39:05 PM »

Yup - keep yer eyes peeled (how DOES one peel an eye.... nah, that's pretty gross)

anyway, I'll be posting a link here, once i get home, get things in order (update all the postings I need), and get the new thread started.

I'll be organizer, with SevsOnlyGirl as my ever-capable co-organizer.

Anyone who messes up has to send me chocolate! (dark only, I'm kind of picky!)

see y'all later, when I start posting like a mad-woman!

Just remember - no claiming till I get you on the front page of the thread!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2007 02:19:36 PM »

Thanks to CraftyDeb and Sevsonlygirls for being such fabulous organisers, and thanks to Dulcinea and Sevsonly girls for stepping up again for the next round!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2007 03:13:21 PM »

Thanks to CraftyDeb and Sevsonlygirls for being such fabulous organisers, and thanks to Dulcinea and Sevsonly girls for stepping up again for the next round!  Wink

I second that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2007 03:58:05 PM »

Thanks, guys

ok - i'm interrupting this current swap with a shameless promotion for the next one Wink

just in case there is ANY interest in OWS19, you can send the q'aire today, but the swap doesn't start till we get the last list from Deb's swap

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=149532.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2007 04:03:49 PM »

i claim chloeiscrazy for doll clothing ( some knitted items )

this is my second claim, 0 sent and 0 received

I am in Ontario, Canada.

My Wish List -

Amigurumi ( cat, or african animal )

Handspun Yarn ( any colours etc )

Anything for my Cats ( I have 3, all very large and 1 long haired, they love toys and beds, and blankets and all that fun stuff )

Learn to Spin Yarn Kit

Fabric Cup Coasters ( in green, blue, or orange, or any bright colour that the hubby would agree with )

Crochet Hook Holder ( http://www.wists.com/TwiztidBlood/377a83abed377e5cc10ba9397695858d?offset=20 )

Pretty African themed, or something in a darkish colour mat for my coffee table ( about the size of a placemat but a little bigger )

Knitting Needles - any size ( mostly larger sizes )

Stenciled Hoody - something with nature, trees, leaves, flowers etc ( size 1x or 2x ( pm me) )

Fabric ( leaves, nature, japanese, bright colours, animals )

Furry Ear Muffs

A bubba*tink Wallet

A Wisty Suprise - thanks bhean!!

About me -
Im 18 years old, I live in a basment suite with my boyfriend Mark, and our 3 cats ( strange, heavy metal and winter ). I do online courses to finish high school and love naturish things, but love bold colours too. I spoil my cats rotten, and craft craft craft. I love new things for the house, and get excited easily. I enjoy reading, crafting, spending time indoors and taking care of the house.
I dont travel and such and live in a small town. I love different cultures and photographs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2007 08:18:39 PM »

Thank you all for making this such an awesome swap!

The swap is now closed for business - I am off to bed and first thing in the morning I will leave feedback for those that have their packages all delivered. For those that did not swap this time around, I will contact a moderator to have your in progress feedback removed.  For those that have packages yet to be delivered or even shipped (hey, everyone gets that two weeks you know!) your feedback will be updated as soon as your packages are safe and sound in their new homes.

I do want to say that the next few weeks is always the hardest for those that are in limbo - waiting for packages to get to where they are going.  Please be good to your sender and pm me as soon as you get your crafty goodies this way your sender can be released from the swap - especially those that are at their 5 max, getting feedback is always a welcomed thing.  I do live on my computer more or less and update as often as I get things in so as soon as I know, I will get you all updated and feedback taken care of.

I'll be still collecting dc#s and customs numbers from our US participants and requesting from the outside US participants to hold on to those receipts and if you do get a customs number of some sort, please pass it along to me.

I look forward to seeing more pics in the gallery.  It is probably my favorite thing about swapping - seeing the creativity that everyone here has.  Every OWS swap always opens me up to something that I had never seen/considered/tried and for that I have to thank everyone here.  You guys all are awesome! Wow, do I sound like I am winning an Emmy or what?

Thanks for tolerating my bookkeeping errors here or there, my dry sense of humor which can be misinterpretted unless you know me and my quirks.

The swap is officially taking a nap until it wakes up again in OWS19
as seen here...

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=149532.0
see you all on the other side...

oh one last thing - did anyone at all notice my Pee Wee's Big Adventure monologue on page 1?Huh!!!  Aww come on - all swap long nobody said diddly about it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2007 08:28:19 PM »

Thanks for being organizer, Deb and Sevs - this is a majorly hectic swap to run!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...