A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
169 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wooden doll bed covered in hearts  (Read 1183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Adetten
Jen the Jew

You got to pick up every stitch

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2006 10:19:07 PM »

This is a doll bed I made for my 6 yo cousin. I cut out the pieces in woodshop, nailed, glued, sanded, painted. I found the hearts at a craft store for pretty cheap, painted and glued them on. I still need to make the bedding for it, I'm currently working on the mattress and mini quilt that will cover it. All and all the things over a foot long and I loved doing it.

Sorry about the bad pics and date, I lost mine and had to go back to my old one.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011 10:27:17 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
joybilee

Gimme all your yarn & nobody gets hurt!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006 11:42:52 PM »

how adorable!  i love that it has slats like a real bed & that you are making it a real mattress & bedding too Cheesy  nice details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Minis Mama
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007 04:32:59 PM »

This is really cute - you have to post pics when the bedding and quilt is done! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adetten
Jen the Jew

You got to pick up every stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007 03:23:16 PM »

I will,  Smiley. I have some of the bedding done but I'm thinking of doing a heart applique pattern for the quilt. Any advice or comments on doing the bedding and such would be  welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
Minis Mama
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007 09:14:20 AM »

I would use the wooden hearts as a pattern and would do the same shape and colours and do the heart appliqu.

I just made a hearts quilt for my moms 60st birthday . I used doublesided vlieseline (i dont know how you call it) to attach the hearts and zig-zagged over them through all 3 layers (it was a rag-quilt).

The highlight of this quilt was one of the hearts for which i printed a picture of Mom an me (when i was a Baby) on the fabric!

Happy sewing,

Minis Mama
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...