A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 323,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hanging wreaths  (Read 1819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ShelbyAD
« on: September 30, 2004 05:27:38 AM »

I am participating in my first craft show on Oct 9th.  I have an EZ-UP tent, but no walls.  I have wreaths that I need to hang.  Any ideas on how I can hang them and with what?  Wreath hangers would be ideal, but costly.  Paper clips & binder clips looks cheesey.  Any ideas for using wire hangers?  I make ornaments also, and a co-worker is going to let me borrow his 3 or 4 foot christmas tree to hang them on!!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004 05:48:38 AM »

This may be cheesy but could you hang ribbons from the top bar of the wall and attach your wreath that way?

This may or may not work....
If the wreaths are light enough you could attach a hook with a magnet on the inside wall and place a magnet behind it on the outside wall... just a thought.
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scrappygirl085
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004 06:29:11 AM »

How about hanging them on a straight ladder leaning vertically against something?  I love the idea of them hanging from ribbon, and they can be tied to the rungs of the ladder.    Just a thought.  Good luck at your craft show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShelbyAD
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004 06:32:25 AM »

Will ribbon really hold them?  The only straight ladder we have, you can climb to our roof.  It's quite large.  We don't have a step ladder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004 06:46:00 AM »

For the wire hanger idea, here's what I'd do.
Take a wire hanger that's all one piece (no cardboard part), and stick one hand in the middle and grasp the center of the long piece. 
Hold the hook part in the other hand.
Pull your hands apart, until you have, basically, a long oval with a hook at one end.
Now take the non-hook end and make it into a U shape (maybe bend it around a cofee can?)
Now turn the hook end so that the whole think makes a lopsided S.

Voila!  You can hang the hook part on the cross bars of your tent, and hang the wreath from the big U.

To pretty it up, you could wrap the whole thing with ribbon, or weave the ribbon back and forth around the two sides of the loop (so you get kind of a braided effect).  If you do the wrap, I'd do it after all the bending, but the weave could probably be done before.

So if you did it the weave way, you might even be able to transport a bunch of ribbon covered distorted hangers in their flat form before turning them into the S shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShelbyAD
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004 07:03:23 AM »

I don't own any wire hangers, but I was thinking of going to a dry cleaners and asking them if they have any to give or sell.  It that a good idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004 12:08:57 PM »

Hmm, well in my mind the big advantage of the wire hangers is that they're free.

here's a thought:  How are the people who buy your wreaths going to hang them?  If you firmly attached (staple, maybe?) a loop of sturdy ribbon to the back of each wreath you could hang them from S hooks (which you can buy cheaply at a hardware store, in the right size to hang from the cross beams of your tent) and the buyers could hang them from any hook/nail they have.  Alternatively you could go ahead and buy a bunch of those wreath hangers and sell them as well as your wreaths (for a small markup)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShelbyAD
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004 12:40:27 PM »

Alternatively you could go ahead and buy a bunch of those wreath hangers and sell them as well as your wreaths (for a small markup)

I thought about that.  The $1 sells them.  I will have to see how many wreaths I have made by the time the fair comes around.  I only have 5 days to get everything done, take pictures of my stuff and make a catalog type thing of my stuff, make & print business cards.  Not much time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...