A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,844
Currently Running With Scissors:
270 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Trying to make Dimmu Borgir spiky boots...HELP!?  (Read 1215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
emortis13
« on: December 15, 2006 11:40:08 PM »

Not sure if this the right forum…

A friend of mine is trying to find or make boots and arm bands like the ones in the link below. We have no clue what they are called or where to find them. But we do know that the boots strap on in the back if that helps at all.

The band is called Dimmu Borgir. They are a Norwegian Black Metal band.

Any advice? Or at least a point in the right direction? Huh Huh

Thanks

http://www.geocities.com/emortis13/hgggjpg.jpg

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006 02:44:43 AM by emortis13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

------------
"mac has issued a salutation, cancel or allow"
welshdragon

Love Music : Hate Racism - www.lovemusichateracism

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006 10:04:50 AM »

i spose you could get cheap pair of boots from a thrift store then just get some studs ebay is probally the cheapest i would have thought
as for the arm things i think they are gaulets which a pretty easy to make i spose pvc would be a good alternative

You just measure your wrist and then the top part of your forearm
 like this
      -------
    /           \
  /               \
/                   \
----------------
then just get some eyelets put down the sides and tie with cord
and just stud it...........

sorry if ive not made sense ive got the flu hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Music : Hate Racism - www.lovemusichateracism.com
Elphelba
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006 03:19:49 PM »

Salvation army and flea markets are good places to find boots. I've bought several pairs of old army issued boots from the flea market. If you want boots that are more identical to that style, a place that sells for exotic dancers may be the way to go. Hottopic may also have some that are a similar cut.
I know hottopic sells spikes (careful with those, some people say they are a weapon so you could get into trouble...don't wear them to school if you go to school). They are a little expensive, so you may want to shop around for a cheaper store. Stuff from a hard ware store, like screws and those silver things with teeth that you use to hang pictures, look really cool screwed into the visible sole of the shoe.You can take your boots, and use a small electric drill to get the screw through the leather. A metalic sharpie is great to mark the placement of spikes before you drill. They really aren't that hard to make (I haven't done those exact shoes, but my ex and I reconned 10 pairs of boots)

When you're done with them, be sure to tighten the spikes down with your hand after each wear, they spikes do jar loose. I think maybe putting a little superglue in the spike before you screw it down (make sure it's still wet) will make it stay on a little better. You may also want to cover the back of the screws (on the inside of the shoe) with duct tape. Those screws can hurt a lot after a while. You'll need to replace the duct tape every so often (depending on how much you wear them and how much your feet sweat), I've had mine a couple of years and have done it three times. Also, be sure to get flat-backed screws (this only applies if you get stuff from a hardware store, spikes come with flat back screws) because the rounded ones dig into the feet more.

These are to give you an idea about what you can do with stuff. The O ring at the top of the ball chain lacing is from a hardware store (as is the ball chain). The rounded things on the toes are nuts and bolts.

If you want some more advice or whatever, feel free to pm me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006 03:24:48 PM by Elphelba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Kayly666
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006 09:01:55 PM »

Dimmu spikes are slightly bigger than regular spikes... I would go to Michaels (or whatever craft store you go to) and but a bunch of those foam party hat shaped flower things and cover them with fabric. I suppose if you want to go cheaper you could make the fabric party hats and fill them with stuffing and then stitch them onto your boots, they'd be better than real studs because they won't be considered a weapon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/next_big_thing1">Next Big Thing</a>
<br>
Unless otherwise stated items I post on craftster are available at the above website.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...