A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
262 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas needed for "Future" themed party!  (Read 20827 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Radegund
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007 11:50:37 AM »

Thanks everyone for your great ideas! The party was a success. Smiley

So what did you end up doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minouette
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007 10:41:59 AM »

Well, the decor included a lot of silver refractive paper and tin foil with various LEDs and of course a disco ball (because we all know that disco balls are futuristic, LOL). Guests were transported to the future in a "time machine" near the front door. We had our friend the DJ play suitably futuristic music. I wove circuit boards into my hair with weird poofy pipe cleaners (sort of like cyberpunk wetware) and claimed I was both genetically engineered and a cyborg. Other costumes included tentacles, electronics, rayguns, and one "rocket dog".

The food and drink included cocktails in test tubes, "nurishment bulbs" (which I believe was a spicy squash soup in balloons attached to staws with elastic bands), "Mexican Elk Sushi" (I really don't know where that idea came from... but it was delishious), "eyes on stalks" (boiled quail's eggs stuck on green beans cut so that the yolk was the iris and food colouring pupil, with a yummy but scary bluish dipping sauce called "alien juice"), some dragonfruit, which does look pretty alien to me, and for desert, the rare delicacy of giant alien egg (which involved raspberry, whipped cream and a hard white chocolate shell).

And the muted sci-fi flicks on the TV was a hit. Smiley (Since I'm a marine scientist, I also played a tape recorded by a remotely-operated vehicle at the Mid-Atlantic ridge - complete with robot arms and assorted equipment and weird jellyfish- an claimed it was exploring another planet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...