A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 320,894
Currently Running With Scissors:
104 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ISO pattern for floor length hooded coat and/or cape  (Read 2746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

everkutz
« on: December 08, 2006 11:20:22 PM »

I am looking for a crocheted pattern for a floor length hooded coat and/or cape.  My teen daughter wants one yet I'm not sure she is worth all the work and all the yarn it will take!! (just kidding!)  I could have sworn I saw a long hooded cape on this board around Halloween, but of course, I can't find it now and I've tried several search terms!  I've also searched the web without any luck. 

I have great faith in my fellow Craftsters...I know you'll find it!

Thanks!
Kelley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006 10:29:35 AM »

My sister has a pattern book she bought at Wal-Mart.  It was called Wrapped in Style and it had a Fun-Fur trimmed duster that is awesome.  Here's a pic:

It was around $7.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

Get up, dress up, show up, and don't give up.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006 10:45:08 AM »

i love this pattern! i haven't had the time or money to tackle it yet but i think i picked it up off one of these free tear one off pattern pads they hang around the yarn... or maybe i'm thinking about something different. Either way! this is totally adorable, go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006 10:47:47 AM »

It is an awesome pattern.  I love hooded floor-length capes.  I looked around online and couldn't find a free pattern.  Lots of shawls and capelets and it appears the Craftster search engine is down at the moment.  But seriously, this pattern book wasn't very expensive and there are some really pretty shawl and poncho patterns in it as well.  I'm going to tackle the duster as soon as I take my Xmas money and buy up a bunch of yarn.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006 10:54:07 AM »

maybe i am thinking about something else then, either way it is worth it for the pattern.

I get myself in big trouble buying up lots of yarn because it always seems like i get about half way through and get side tracked  or it  gets burried and then i have this surplus of yarn i feel like i can't use on anything else because i bought it for something or i do use it and never finish the project it went to lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006 11:03:20 AM »

maybe i am thinking about something else then, either way it is worth it for the pattern.

I get myself in big trouble buying up lots of yarn because it always seems like i get about half way through and get side tracked  or it  gets burried and then i have this surplus of yarn i feel like i can't use on anything else because i bought it for something or i do use it and never finish the project it went to lol

I do the same thing.  My yarn is in a 40gal Rubbermaid bin.  Some of it hasn't even been touched yet and others looked so pretty on the shelf and I found out it was a biznatch to work with so into the bin it went.

I have so many ideas to create stuff after Christmas (I'm trying to finish up Christmas presents and a couple of ATC swaps right now) so I know it will be hard to stay focused on one thing.  I have all of these New Year's resolutions to learn new crafting techniques (knitting socks, make a gusset bag, learn how to sew an invisible zipper, learn resin casting...the list goes on and on).

Anyway, hopefully the forum search engine will be up again soon and I can search for that Halloween cape pattern. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
everkutz
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006 08:22:26 PM »

Thanks for the info KatAutumn and spunkyPOPmonkey!  I found a new copy of "Wrapped in Style" on Ebay and ordered it.  It was less than $6!  I like the cape and my daughter likes the cape, but she'd still prefer that it would have sleeves or for me to find a pattern for a long hooded coat.  She fears that the cape would fall off her shoulders frequently and drive her nuts! (She's 14!) 

Anyone find a long hooded coat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006 08:41:03 AM »

They have some similiar on the Lion Brand site but you would have to lengthen them to make them floor length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006 08:07:52 PM »

altering a pattern a bit was going to be my next suggestion

here is a pattern that may be similar to what you are looking for. if not look around the site, they have some really great patterns
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=84&d_id=13&lang=us
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006 01:03:10 PM »

you could modify this pattern:
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cfancyf-kimono.html or http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/pierrotCape.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco
@Home This Weekend: Sun Catcher
Tute Tuesday: Passport Wallet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...