A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift ideas for a friend.  (Read 672 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 08, 2006 07:00:51 AM »

I have a friend who is very hard to buy for/make for. I have never heard her praise any gift she has gotten from ANYONE except from her partner when she tells him what to buy. Not only that she's make it plain she is not overwhelmed with the presents she gets (at length). I made her a bracelet last Xmas & an garnet jewellery set for her birthday. I tried really hard to tailor it to her taste. So even though practically everyone else on my list is getting a handmade present I don't feel like making her one. I told my husband he can decide what she is getting Smiley

I am fond of her but she can be a very negative person.

I was thinking of a cute teapot because she has a few of them but she''ll probably say she has no room for it. She likes gadgets and going on the computer but she doesn't play games and she likes  make-up. She recently started her first job since leaving college and has a long commute so maybe something around that? She also likes to cook.

It has gotten to the stage where  I dread handing over her gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvest

If I hear 'Go ask your mother' one more time....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006 08:01:27 AM »

Your right.  I hate to make anything for people like this.  I have a couple of friends that are the same way.
My go to gift in all situations is books. And this time of year you can find all sorts of nice coffee table books on sale at the big bookstore chains.
I guess you could buy a gift card to a store you know she likes.  But I hate having a price on those things.  It always seems like I'm saying 'your friendship is worth exactly X amount of dollars to me'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be just an amateur, but I am a passionate amateur.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...