A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 313,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another Ribbon Flower (and Bridal Headpiece)  (Read 16031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2004 12:08:08 PM »

I was in need of a flower last night and made this in about 30 minutes.  The ribbon length is 7 inches for 1.5inch wired ribbon.  The gist of the petal making is gather the white side by pulling the wire and twist the two ends together.  Pull the wire on the pink side just enough so you have ends to rap around the white side wires.  Now you have a petal.  Here's the novel part: For the stamens, string a seed bead on a wire and then twist the two ends together.  If you have time dip it in clear or sparkle nail polish to give it a bit of shine.  I used 2 bead sizes here. Now twist all the petals and stamens together and shape to form a flower.  For the pin, I twisted more wire around the group of wires and then adding a safety pin with more wire to hold it in place.  I covered the wire festival with a bit of floral tape in green. 
The headpiece is from my wedding.  The flowers are made in the same way.  Directions for headpiece (& Flower) are at HGTV.com Carol Duvall Show : Episode CDS-463.  Ellie Schneider-Joos from Offray was the guest.  If you can't find the color of ribbon you need, you can use fabric paint.   I couldn't find an earthy green for my headpiece and used some cream ribbon painted with forest green paint and Aleene's Textile Medium.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iciclegirl
Obey the Chuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004 05:42:55 PM »

that is so pretty!  Do you have a picture you can post of you with it on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moobaa
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004 06:30:26 AM »

I really like that flower! So simple and easy to do but it looks so great. I really dislike fake flowers but I like these because i guess they look a little softer and just nicer.
They would make good additions to ribbons for wrapping a gift. A big thick caramel coloured ribbon around the box and pink and cream flower on the top.
Well I think that would be nice anyway.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your just jealous cause the voices only want to talk to me!
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004 10:04:11 AM »

That's such a great looking flower.  I'll have to try that myself.  It would be great for decorating gifts with.  Or, along a wedding idea, perhaps making a bunch of little ones, and having your flower girl toss those down the aisle, as opposed to flower petals. Then people could pick them up and take them home as additional favors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Shark week is coming!
@Home This Weekend: Frugal Floral Wreath
July 20th: National Moon Day

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...