A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: does anybody else think these boots / socks are gorgeous?  (Read 8313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Herring
« on: November 29, 2006 08:32:44 PM »

Want to help me figure out how to make them? I think they are crocheted but I'm sure they can be knitted too.. I think I'm in love!

http://www.karineriksson.se/blog/index.php?p=363
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006 07:02:29 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowsculpture
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006 08:37:43 PM »

hah!  those are so cool.  where did that picture come from?

i bet you could make them by starting with a chain (this would be the bottom center of the foot, parallel with the toes)
...then crocheting in a circle (but really an oval) around that (increasing at the turning ends until big enough, then decreasing to make it curve over the top)
...then crocheting back and forth along the back ridge until it was tall enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mich._.elle
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006 08:39:41 PM »

wow totally sexy! perfect for a house party where shoes arent allowed
or with sexy black flats

mmmmm sexXxy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Herring
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006 08:42:50 PM »

I got it from this blog

http://www.karineriksson.se/blog/index.php?p=363

Darn I wish i could crochet! It would probably look so much better in crochet, but alas.. I can only knit..

I was thinking it would probably look good in a garter or a reverse ss, but then crochet chains for the straps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
O_R_they
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006 09:15:53 PM »

those are gorgeous!

i don't know if this helps, but it looks like the string is what maintains most of the boot's shape. i'm betting when taken off, they are pretty  much a flat rectangle, except at the bottom where the toes are. maybe you could start by doing a toe-up sock and adjust?

i've never done socks before, so i have no idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raina.storms
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006 09:18:03 PM »

Those ARE cool!  I'm wisting! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creativemsb
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006 09:30:59 PM »

Greetings'
Looking at these socks in high magnification, it looks as if they are definitely knitted. I have never knitted socks so I find it a little difficult to figure out the pattern for the foot but the leg is knitted back and forth in stockinette stitch, then the stitches are picked up around the edge. It looks like 2-3 rows of st st knitted completely around the boot/sock. The ties look like twisted yarn that is evenly feed through the final row. A crocheted chain would work just as well.
Can someone confirm this for me.I think these are HOT and would love to try to make them and for some reason, I think that crocheted socks would be uncomfortable.
Thanks so much for posting them.
 PEACE!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
redwitch
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006 01:19:15 AM »

Yes they are!
I think when off, they would be rectangular. Imagine a long narrow rectangle,
 ________
l________l

you put it on with the long edge going up and down your leg, and the shorter edge going across/around. That would get you exactly the same thing - but going only from knee to ankle. The foot part is obviously more shaped.
But how about making that rectangle curved at one end?
 _________
l_________) like this but more curved. That curve would be where your toes go. Then put some running stitch around the edge of the curve, on top of your foot, and pull it a bit tight, it would kind of gather up (or use elastic). It wouldn't be quite so perfectly shaped though, and the heel would be a bit stretched unless you put in a shaped heel.
The foot part, as I say, would be a bit bumpy if you used the running stitch to gather it up, but I imagine that if you make the curved/circular part for your foot/toes with lots of k3tog decreases, and then bind off very tightly (with a tiny needle), the edge will pull in, so you could curl it over your foot.

Sarah

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jodi1978
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006 06:57:20 AM »

I think if you knitted a pair of mary janes and picked up the stitches around the heel and went up. That would work. You could even do them in a lace pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canarysanctuary
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006 08:30:24 AM »

Those rawk!  I hope our more design-savvy members will be able to enlighten us as to how to re-create these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...