A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
234 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need some opinions please! Thanks!  (Read 1430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
MolokovCocktail
« on: November 29, 2006 02:05:36 PM »

Hey Smiley

I'm making most of my Christmas gifts this year, and I found a good idea here at craftster. My plan is to give away different glasses (martini, beer, champagne, etc) and mugs, and to either make candles in them, OR little soap squares in them, scented like different beverages (hot chocolate, or coffee for the mugs, different fruit flavors for the alcoholic glasses, etc).

My questions to you guys, whould be:

1. Which would you think would be a better idea?

2. Where do you think I can buy martini/champagne/other alcoholic drink glasses in bulk-ish amounts for cheap prices?

3. Where could I get the scents/supplies the cheapest? (on the net maybe? please suggest some site, Joanns and AC Moore are both very pricey.)

4. what scents would you do?

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VaxGirl
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006 05:39:00 PM »

Sorry, the only thing I can offer help with is the glasses.  Thrift shops usually have lots of neat glasses and cups really cheap, under $1.00.  You could also try Ikea if you have one near.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006 06:39:56 PM »

You might be able to find the glasses in bulk at wedding favor suppliers.  Martini glasses seem to be really "in" for favors this year, so you should have some good luck.  Try www.discountmugs.com, or Google wedding favors martini glasses and see what you come up with.  It sounds like a charming idea! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shana82
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006 07:34:15 AM »

Well.....it depends how bulkish you are thinking...I found a ton of pretty decent glassware at the local dollar store to etch for Xmas (including some very cool beer mugs and huge wine glasses) so that may be an option.  I have also had luck in the past finding sets for fairly cheap at places like TJ Maxx or Marshalls....

I have been planning to do some Beer Candles for a friend - get some yellow colored wax for those big glass beer mugs and poss top it with a layer of white so I lean toward candles for the glasses.  You could use an orange type scent for the martini glasses (cosmos!) Maybe do some coconut scented pina coladas??  you could do chocolate martinis....you could so do regular martinis with a pine scent (when I waitressed I could never get over how much gin martinis - with good gin- smell like those pine air fresheners!)  The coffee idea would work great too - you could even use cute decorated coffee mugs - maybe christmas themed?

The only thing I really can't help much with is cheap supplies....I haven't ordered supplies online before - maybe try www.discountcandleshop.com  They have a supplies section and seem to be cheaper than Michaels....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MolokovCocktail
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006 08:35:12 AM »

Thank you all for the comments.

Ikea sounds like a good idea, but it is very far, so I will look around and use that as a last resort.

I think I will try dollar stores, tjmaxx, marshalls, and the favor stores thank you!! I don't know how many people I'm making for yet, I think about 20.

Shana82 I have a site in my favorites that has any scent of fragrence/essential oil known to man, I'm sure there was a beer one... I'll try to find the link for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MolokovCocktail
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006 08:46:05 AM »

I was wrong. But the closest I found was rootbeer.

I figured if the place sells cannibus scented oils, they'd have beer. lol...

http://www.saveonscents.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=beer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shana82
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006 01:17:23 PM »

I love that site.....haven't found anything to simulate beer yet (not sure if a beer scented candle would really smell all that good Smiley)  But I did see Baileys Irish cream scent - which my mom would love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...