A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! its just plain ugly!  (Read 2163 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
goldfishhead
« on: November 25, 2006 05:12:37 PM »

Ok, so last winter/spring I was in a Sabbat LARP. I got to be an art-deco style gargoyle (I felt kind of like a lamp, but in a good way). Anyways, I'm trying to scrapbook my ever-so-spooky vampire pack, but the layout is just...well....ugly. I dont know what to use or where to put my pictures. The paper keeps scanning weirdly, and its just not comeing together. I'll post what I've got. the only thing that needs to stay the same is the actual pictures. Any and all ideas appreciated.

oh, and we started up a brand new digital scrapbooking community on lj if anybody is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pheebly
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006 05:08:53 PM »

Let me just say... WOW! I love the main portrait. That looks awesome!

Your pictures are very stunning, in a subdued downplayed kind of way. I think you were on the right track trying to show them off but the gilded frames don't really help.

What I would do is use a subdued color palette, taken directly from your picture and then add a warm color (such as a red) into the mix. The color should be a rich one, but also kind of subdued, if that makes any sense.

Also, I'm so in love with the way everyone is positioned in the focal photo that I think I would use that overwhelmingly. I would make it huge... and maybe kinda fade into the background...

Lots of potential with these photos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishhead
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006 04:45:34 PM »

unfortunatly, this paper was supposed be a a warm deep bugundy. Yeah..my scanner is just plain broken. hopefully my new one will come in soon. I was tempted to use a buisy-ish paper like this becuase of its gothic feel, and because the art deco look went with the way lisa and i look like art nuvou lamps in our gargoyle outfits. Do you think its too buisy?

I do love those pictures. They mimic the feel of the LARP to..and the best part? totaly unposed. A guy with a camera wandered around, and all of us playing were instucted to ignore him as he photographed the game. it was realy cool. It also realy reflected the dynamics of the group- which is awsome. Any idea what might replace the frames?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_karen1
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006 12:23:12 AM »

I think it is just the colour of the background which lets you down and you did say that it's because your scanner is broken. The design on the background paper itself isn't too busy at all and I actually do like the frames. I can imagine these framed images on the walls of an old house and the people in the pictures moving around when the occupants aren't looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bensenc
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006 07:37:06 PM »

Hi,
I would place the larger photo on the bottom - and then create groupings of the smaller ones.  Or make it a two page layout with the larger one as a single page.  Do you plan to have journaling?

Also, if you need some digital paper - come over to oscraps.com and we have a fair amount of freebies to choose from that would work. And then add some elements like journal boxes to tell  your story.

http://www.oscraps.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=58a511ef5455e3cca5625c4cc4853395
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishhead
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006 08:18:33 PM »

no, no journaling. its all in the lj, and then the two get printed together as one book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...