A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
177 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ma and Pops  (Read 639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
munzder
« on: November 25, 2006 04:18:19 PM »

Wink Now I have these things called parents, and no clue what to get them. I want dearly to make my mother and father happy, but i need some assistance.

Mother:
She's 45 and she doesn't have much of a sense of humor.  Tongue She's a very religious and devoted to Christianity. She likes jewelry and makeup and things that help her keep herself "young." She has a teaching degree and has majored in child psychology.

Father:
He's 53 and he's not very funny either. He works as a mechanic. He likes music, country and classic rock mostly. He's your average redneck man in the sense that he likes beer, Nascar, and shooting things [which doesn't help my stance as a Peta member.] He's not home much so pillows and blankets wouldnt work very well.

Please help me please the people that brought me into this world. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006 04:47:24 PM »

For your dad, I have some uncles who are like that. I would suggest knitting or sewing can or bottle cozies (depending on how he likes his beer). You could also do a gun bag out of microfiber or knitted material (something to put the gun in to protect it before putting it in the case). You could also make him a bag to hold things he shoots.

For your mom, I would suggest knitting or sewing something trendy, like the Anthropologie knockoffs a lot of the craftsters in the knit forum do. Or you could knit her a prayer shawl - or you could make her some prayer cloths to give away through her church. There's lots of patterns online for those.

I have a lot of problems with my parents too - they're very different from me, mostly in politics and attitude. I like to think at the holidays that I just ignore a lot of it, as long as they don't openly challenge me on something. Its the holidays - one of three to five times a year (for most people) - that you have to get through it.

Good luck!

Concetta
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
munzder
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006 04:19:29 PM »

thanks for all the help :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...