A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,357
Currently Running With Scissors:
108 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: studying snacks?  (Read 3677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

snappleandpearls
« on: November 24, 2006 07:39:42 PM »

Does anybody have some foods that they absolutely have to have when they're studying?  I always want to snack, but usually, I just end up having a way early dinner. With exams coming up and all, I want to have something fun and small that I can eat during hours of studying.

Any suggestions or recipes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IMIS
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006 09:15:34 PM »

JIF just came out with small JIF-To-Go Peanutbutter cup type things. It's fun and healthy at the same time to dip celery and carrots in...but I think celery tastes the best!! if you don't know what I'm talking about, here a link to a pic:
http://www.jif.com/jiftogo/images/findertop.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
auroravioletta
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006 01:15:57 PM »

I like baby carrots or mixed nuts. I keep them at work to much on. Or some kind of crunchy cereal, dry. It lets me keep munching, without filling up too much or adding too many extra calories. Plus, the nuts and carrots are just good nutrition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polkaroo
Running with scissors since 1978

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006 09:33:36 AM »

Hummus and pita crisps were my standby during exam time.  I'd buy the hummus out of sheet laziness, and then make my own pita crisps:

Take a pita (the Middle Eastern kind that's thin with a pocket in the middle, rather than the thick Greek-style flatbread) and split it in half so you have two thin circles of pita. 

Place these on a baking sheet with the inside part facing upward ("crust" side down), and brush with a little olive oil/melted butter or spray with Pam.  Sprinkle with whatever herbs or seasonings you want (I like parmesan cheese and basil, since it tastes like pesto when it's done... hot pepper flakes and oregano, Cajun spice, garam masala or italian seasoning blend are also good choices).  Cut each circle into 6-8 wedges.

Bake at 300F for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.

They'll keep for about a week in a sealed container, so just make a whole bunch ahead of time... and if you skip the hummus, you can take a little baggie of crisps with you if you're heading out to the library to study.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006 09:43:29 AM »

baby carrots and ranch dressing then when I'm done being healthy.....fritos and ranch dressing.

I also enjoy fruit salad. Make a big one and just keep it on hand in the fridge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006 01:42:49 PM »

I like to sprinkle a mixture of shredded cheese & rated parm on a cookie sheet & bake it till it's all melty. Let it cool then break it up.
I love to put over salads or soups, but they are awesome on there own too.

Also the baby carrots, I prob eat 3 pounds of baby carrots a week.
Love the4m plain or with hummus, or peanut or cashew butter.
The other day my mom packed me a lunch &she packed them with some apple butter...YUMM!!

air popped pop corn sprinkled with my favortie topping (kind of a spin off from veganlunchbox) of grated parm, nutritional yeast, sesame seeds, & poppy seeds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006 03:51:43 PM »

I haven't studied in a while (graduated in May) but my favorite snacks are apples (with peanut butter or vanilla yogurt), bananas, rice cakes, and graham cracker sticks. Oh, and vanilla yogurt with raisins or bananas sprinkled in it is delicious.

These "cookies" are to die for. Seriously, I could live off of them. The first time I made them, I made them really small and I ended up with a ton of them. I made some more the other day and I made them huuuge. They are really filling, when I have to go to work but don't get a lunch break, I take one of these and they are perfect. http://www.recipezaar.com/102026

Carrots and peanut butter? Really? I can only stomach carrots if they are drenched in ranch dressing (which pretty much defeats the purpose of eating a carrot, lol). And apple butter? I love apple butter & peanut butter...I might have to try carrots with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k.wit
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006 05:23:48 PM »

BlueJeanBaby is right about bananas and apples with peanut butter - that's a personal favorite.  I drink a lot of herbal tea, too. 

I've also read somewhere about giant oatmeal-nut-dried fruit cookies that are somehow made to be healthy and along the lines of granola bars, but moister.  I'm not sure where I saw the recepe but they sound fairly phenomenal to study with.

And when all that fails, a little pint of ben and jerry's tucked in the freezer out of sight always gives me a boost. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006 05:46:08 AM »

BlueJeanBaby: those pumpkin cookies sound awesome!!
I love most anything with pumpkin in it ... Also def try the carrots with PB. Wink  I LOVE baby carrots any way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006 07:44:27 PM »

I mix equal parts chunky peanut butter and Neutella and spread on Club crackers. It's so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...