A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: QUICK! Making a care package for grieving friend!  (Read 5035 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
..button-up..

No Dougal, these are small. Those are far away...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 22, 2006 02:12:27 AM »

CryoK... so the story is that one of my best friends growing up (she's 21) just lost her mom two days ago in a car accident.  Tis honestly the saddest thing.  She doesn't really have an active father but does have three younger brothers.  It looks like she may have to quick school and move back home to mind them.  She's hit with tremendous shock, sorrow, obligation to step up to responsibility.... I want to be there for her but unfortunately I live in Ireland now and there is no way I can afford to fly out to California.  I want to send her an amazing diy care package but was hoping for suggestions about what to include in it.  Most sympathy baskets are full of food but I'd rather do something a bit more personal.  Was thinking about making her a tear bottle, embroidering a hankey, bath bomb, journal, recording a cd....  I want to post it out as soon as possible so please, please, please post any ideas you have!  Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
talmina
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006 02:54:21 AM »

Things to spoil herself are probably best so bath bombs and other pampering stuff are great ideas.  Another great one is a manicure/pedicure kit, so when she does get time to herself she can spoil herself a bit, or for more entertainment, give her little bro's pedicures Tongue  Something nice to wrap herself up in would also be nice, so if you can whip up some sort of shawl quickly it would be wonderful.  It's like sending her a few gazillion hugs, as she can wrap herself in it and remind herself of how much you care and that you are thinking of her.  If you are close to the family, something for her brothers would be nice too.  I think a journal and other such things are also a great idea too, if she is into the occult at all, perhaps you could craft her some runes to help guide her at this time also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
summerlyn

Miracles happen, just ask the angels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006 03:02:02 AM »

What about a journal of types with your memories of her mum in it, it always helped me when i was grieving to think of happier times and after you have lost a loved one it is very hard to think of them.
Also when i lost my boyfriend, (i know it incomparable to losing your mother), My best friend wrote me a ten things i love about you book, it's a little handmade book with a photo and something she loves about me on each page. It might help her to put stuff about how brave, strong, and all the skills she will need to take on her new role as a mother/sister.
I hope this helps you, i really do feel for her, one of my friends went through the same thing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
..button-up..

No Dougal, these are small. Those are far away...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006 07:04:42 AM »

Thanks, those are all really good ideas.  I definitely want to spoil her but also do something kinda serious like the journal.  I really like the 10 things I love about you book.  Will definitely do that one. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...