A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 58310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2006 04:19:40 PM »

I'm so sad....omg...they killed my magic yarn ball!!!   Cry

I have some pictures of it before it got shipped.  Not the complete size of the thing, which was probably almost the size of a basketball.  The reasoning behind being that there was a lot of yarn, cotton yarn is hard to get for librarylass so I sent her like 3 different skeins of it, some white yarn to dye with, some grey and some fun yarn I had lying around begging to go some place fun and not sit in my house.  Then there was a candle, which has flower petals, but not seeds included so I don't know what they were afraid of.  In the end this thing was HUGE.
I will show pictures.  Massive picture post of my stuff that I received and what librarylass' ball looked like before quarantine poked...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paramedic: Only one person can ride.
Dean: I'm the father...
Patrick: I'm the boyfriend...
Mitch: [points to Dean] I'm HIS boyfriend.

hehe....i knit in class
ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2006 06:00:18 PM »

All of the pictures, let's start with what I sent librarylass, WARNING, this is going to be looooong

The candle that was taken away...

The little fish cat toy that you hang up...

Its big

Then bigger

This isn't the final size, but I don't have a picture of that...

My Package now...

Ripping it open while stopped at a red light, i'm quite impatient

What's left of the candy after some huge college students got into my package...

My gorgeous white wool, alpaca blend, Patons Inca...yummy, will make a wonderful hat

Amazing book of knitter's graph paper with Sally's awesome drawing, I love it!

I had to include Sally's customs letter because its so cute and funny.  My mom thinks you are a riot Sally...

Sally's note for me, christmas tree ornament complete with a Quantas airline pin and a beautiful panta

Modeling my panta, excuse my face, I haven't slept much and I'm having the worse acne attack due to stress

By the way Sally, I included a simple cross stitch kit so that you can learn how so you can do stuff from the subversive cross stitch book, i saw how much you loved the book so i figured you should learn.  If you need help, I know how to cross stitch too!  Thanks Sally!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018 01:12:47 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hehe....i knit in class
Kristen81
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2006 08:30:06 PM »

What does the customs letter say?  That's cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2006 09:11:05 PM »

It basically says that unless they are omniescent (spelling?, can tell what's in the box without scanning it, essentially), this is what it is in the package and since its the holidays and they have been doing lots of work, to help themselves to some chocolate...

It is so cute and funny, of course, unlike librarylass' box, stupid American customs didn't care, they didn't touch anything...  Undecided

I'm still upset...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hehe....i knit in class
Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2006 03:42:02 PM »

Then there was a candle, which has flower petals, but not seeds included so I don't know what they were afraid of.
  I'm afraid that flower petals are indeed a no no too.  But dried ones may be OK, I am not sure.  It would depend on the variety anyhow.  It really does suck.

So glad to hear librarylass has now got herself some cotton.  It is indeed hard to come by down here.  I was completely starved for it until I got a collection from swaps.   Cheesy 

I think I spy some Cleckheaton country silk?  I love the panta Ms.Scarlett, and I really do love that yarn.  I think I'll pick some up for another OSW.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
rachpie22
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2006 04:02:20 PM »

Ok, this is my first time uploading pictures, so please be nice, I'm about to lose my picture posting virginity!  Smiley

An embarrassingly long time ago I got a package in the mail with, count em, TWO magic yarn balls!  I'm making mittens, fair-isleing (can that be a verb?) for the first time, and it is fun!  So, I asked for a hat pattern to go along with my mittens, and my awesome partner, jese, went above and beyond!  The navy one had a necklace poking out, and the white, a cute red and pink chihuahua!  I love chihuahuas!

Knowing that stupid finals were going to get in the way of knitting out the magic yarn, (and some last minute christmas presents) I cheated and unraveled them.  Here's what I got:

The complete list:

Kira the chihuahua (I named her after my friend's dog.  Also, she's not still in the ball, I just propped her up on top)
A Caribou coffee mug ornament (I work at a coffee shop too!  But not Caribou  Smiley )
Two pairs of earrings, one pink, and one orange and yellow
A matching bottle cap necklace
A cute crochet pouch
a ducky candle
lavender soap (smells so good!)
hair clips
orange crush chap stick
an alien zipper pull
a cute pin
Burt's Bees lotion (my new favorite!)
Tic-Tac mints (Uh, jese, are you trying to tell me something?  Kidding, they're really yummy!)

Jese, thanks so much!  As soon as I get my mittens done, I'm going to start on my hat.  My ears are getting cold!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 02:49:45 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachpie22
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2006 04:03:23 PM »

I did it!  I'm rather proud of myself.  I'll post close ups later.  Picture posting wasn't so scary after all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
librarylass
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2006 04:38:32 PM »

I think I spy some Cleckheaton country silk?  I love the panta Ms.Scarlett, and I really do love that yarn.  I think I'll pick some up for another OSW.   Roll Eyes

You do indeed spy soem cleckheaton country silk, like everyone else, I'm absolutely hooked on the stuff. perfect for pantas and osws alike Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
jese

"language is a virus from outer space" - wsbIII

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2006 05:30:41 PM »

Tic-Tac mints (Uh, jese, are you trying to tell me something?  Kidding, they're really yummy!)
I can explain.  First, they are yummy!  And second the only candy I really ever eat is mints (if they do indeed count as candy).  I felt so stupid that I didn't even *think* of putting chocolates & other candy in the ball. 
I found it strange that we both sent each other lavender soap, and coffee cups (although the one I sent you is super tiny).
And don't feel bad, about posting late.  I still need to take post yarn ball pictures of the fabulous goodies you sent me.  Hopefully, my mom will email me the pictures tonight.
Also, I'm super glad you like chiuhahuas.  I was worried/overanalyzing my amigurumi choice, thinking you might not even like dogs. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: December 25, 2006 12:56:49 AM »

Kira the chihuahua (I named her after my friend's dog.  Also, she's not still in the ball, I just propped her up on top)

Okay, that chihauhau ROCKS!  A pink and red chihauhau is too spiffy Cheesy  I think I may just have to wist that...

And, because everyone is sharing their magic yarn ball projects (more pictures, pleeaase??  I love looking at the pix) I reply bearing a picture of my clapotis being blocked (the shawl llaying over it was there for comparison):

I must bow in credit to jezebel7383 for sending me such lovely yarn and Miss Violaceous for organizing!  Thanks so much, guys!  I'm totally addicted to making magic yarn balls now - half my knitterly friends got one for Christmas this year Grin (it was so much fun for our guild to unwind them en masse!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...