A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 320,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica  (Read 75024 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2007 06:18:44 PM »

Great scarf again tragicheroine! wow you just keep on making those! They look great! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
francis
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2007 09:56:56 PM »

hello all! i started my danica in sws a while ago but haven't had much time to knit, so when i came back to it recently i've encountered some problems. i've re-done this left-edge triangle more times than i care to count but cannot seem to get it right. so i figured i'd ask hre to clarify before i start and have to rip back again.

with my scarf on the WS, i have 10 stitches on each needle and the working yarn on the right needle towards the inside. to start the left-edge triangle i'm supposed to be on the WS, but shouldn't the working yarn be coming from the left needle? maybe i'm overthinking this because i've been working on the same part for so long today, but this is baffling me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francis
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2007 11:19:44 PM »

and thank you again, maitai113! i was about to start the left edge triangle, but for some reason had knit an extra row in order to have 10 stiches on each needle. i have no idea why i had myself convinced that  i was supposed to have 10 on each.  BUT i went back to having 20 on the left and finished that section and am now happily on my way. entrelac really is a fun knit now that i've gotten past that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlanaBee
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2007 09:52:47 PM »

Is there any special way to block SWS?  Or is it the soak and lay it out on a trashbag method? 

It's been years since I've blocked anything so I'm a bit rusty.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tragicheroine
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2007 09:55:08 PM »

Is there any special way to block SWS?  Or is it the soak and lay it out on a trashbag method? 

Wouldn't laying it on a trash bag keep it wet longer?

I just squeeze out the excess water with a towel, and stretch it out on a clean carpet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlanaBee
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2007 10:23:49 PM »

Wouldn't laying it on a trash bag keep it wet longer?

I just squeeze out the excess water with a towel, and stretch it out on a clean carpet.

Yeah the trash bag technique is confusing, but I think the rationale is to actually allow it to dry faster because blocking a wet garment on a fabric surface (carpet, towel, blanket...) will dampen that surface keeping both parts damp longer.  I read that here: http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2006/05/block_me_amadeus_1.html (scroll down to 'notes').

I'll just do what you did because yours came out so beautifully!  I think my only blocking experience was when I tried to block an acrylic stockinette stitch  scarf, and I bet you can guess how that turned out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bemaha
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2007 05:43:39 PM »

I started Danica in SWS (Natural Navy) waaaaay too long ago. School took over, I put my project away but in the face of final exams, I decided to procrastinate. Et voila! I haven't blocked it yet. And ignore the scratch below my eye...I was mauled by a stray, overgrown German Shepherd puppy this morning.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlanaBee
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2007 06:01:58 PM »

Looks nice! 

However, that colorway looks like Natural Earth to me (because that's what I used).  I thought the natural navy was more heavy on the blues and tans.

What happened to the stray? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babylee
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2007 07:16:23 PM »

I didn't know there was a kal for Danica... how exciting. I bought this yarn a while ago and thought it would make a nice scarf. Unfortunately, the colourway doesn't work quite as nicely as SWS, but being in Australia I don't think I can get SWS anywhere.

I'm about halfway through my three balls. I think the scarf will be quite short, so I may have to figure out how to leave a hole in it to pull the other side through. The top photo shows the colour pretty accurately.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bemaha
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2007 07:47:21 PM »

Looks nice! 

However, that colorway looks like Natural Earth to me (because that's what I used).  I thought the natural navy was more heavy on the blues and tans.

What happened to the stray? 

It's definitely navy. I just chose the shot of the rather blue-less part of the scarf Smiley I wanted Earth but they were out. The stray was running down the middle of a busy road in the rain, covered in mud. I stuck him in my car and drove around until I found his dad. 'Dad' woke up and finally answered the door and said, "Oh, thanks dude...yeah, he's been running away a lot." Great. TRY A LEASH! In the meantime, the puppy destroyed the interior of my car which will smell like wet dog for years to come. I don't know if all that mud is coming out of my seats...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...