A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 314,686
Currently Running With Scissors:
291 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Call For Submissions  (Read 846 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

yahaira
« on: November 15, 2006 10:54:25 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm editing a new knitting book that is slated for a Fall '07 release and wanted to share the information with you in case you wanted to submit a design. 

Sensual Knits (tentative title) will have 25 high-fashion, sophisticated designs inspired by runway looks. All will be created with noble fibers, like silk, cashmere, and merino, used to their advantage. We dont want plain projects here, think high-fashion or Vogue. Pay attention to shaping, textures, and fit. Projects will include camisoles, dresses, skirts, sweaters, coats, wraps, and some accessories (like stockings/socks and gloves).

Want to join in the fun?
Get sketching and swatching, because the deadline is November 27th!

To contribute, please send the following:

1) If you have a completed project, please send a few good-quality photos of the item, along with a detailed description of it. Please email your photos and description to me at submissionsATpureknitsDOTcom, and be sure to include your
full name, email addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, and mailing address. You can also mail these to me just email the above address for information.

Please do not send projects you have already shared patterns of.

OR

2) If you have an idea for a project but have not yet completed it, thats ok too. Just send me a very clear, detailed sketch of your idea, along with a photo of a swatch made in the yarns and stitch pattern you plan to use (if you don't have the exact yarn in your stash, that's ok, just use a yarn that will give you the effect you are after). This swatch should be large (10 x 10), if its possible (for some types of projects that might not be possible.) Email that to me at submissionsATpureknitsDOTcom, and be sure to include your full name, email addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, and mailing address. You can also mail these to me just email the above address for information.

If your project is accepted, you will be provided with the yarn you need to produce a sample, which will be photographed for the book and kept by me (for promotions). You will also be paid for your submission, receive credit for your pattern, and will receive a free copy of the book once it is completed.

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to email me.

Thanks
in advance, everyone!

yahaira
http://www.pureknits.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...