A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,825
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wintertime Gifts for Boyfriend -- Help Needed!  (Read 2781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tamagotchi
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006 09:40:52 AM »

Try checking out the "Generic Boyfriend Gift" thread.  I think they have some neat ideas on there.  If you haven't been dating that long, I'd avoid anything too big.  You need more time to figure out what kind of gifts he likes.  If you get him something huge now and he doesn't like it, you'll feel really angry and resentful about it.  Better to stick with smaller things.  That way if he isn't too keen on them...no harm done.

I think that also if you don't know a lot about Hanukkah to just stay away from anything that's too overtly Jewish.  I'm half asian, and I know that personally I would feel offended if someone got me an "asian" gift.  That's just me, he might not feel that way.  But better not to risk it.  And think of it this way: he has probably gotten tons of Hanukkah gifts like dreidels and things in the course of his life.  I think it would be nicer, and more personal, to make something that is about you. 

Maybe you could make a small portrait of yourself that he could keep in his wallet.  When my boyfriend and I first started dating I made him a mixtape with a tiny drawing of us together, very stylized.  He's very self-conscious about his appearance, but he actually loved that drawing and still has it up on his wall.  I have found that it's better to give people gifts that reflect you, instead of trying to match the other person's tastes.  I mean, you shouldn't get them something they'll hate.  But then they can look at it and they'll be reminded of you.

Ok, phew, that was a long post.  And remember, I don't really know you or your boyfriend.  This is just my opinion and might not even apply to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006 08:50:57 AM »

Maybe you could make up a "fortune cookie" jar with homemade cookies that say different things you like about him (one cookie for each day of advent or something).  Or maybe you could do the same idea with surprise notes that you give him each day in creative ways.  I always liked the idea of getting empty medicine capsules from a pharmacy and stuffing them with little rolled up notes and giving it to your loved one with a "prescription" written on the side that says to take one each morning. 

Yhe cookies are great, except I'd probably eat them myself if it were me, bit I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pill bottle idea. I'm GOING to use that this year, for my parents and for my husband. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
bombgirl

i subscribe to the george lass work ethic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006 10:24:56 AM »

Maybe you could make up a "fortune cookie" jar with homemade cookies that say different things you like about him (one cookie for each day of advent or something).  Or maybe you could do the same idea with surprise notes that you give him each day in creative ways.  I always liked the idea of getting empty medicine capsules from a pharmacy and stuffing them with little rolled up notes and giving it to your loved one with a "prescription" written on the side that says to take one each morning. 

i agree! what a great idea! i'm doing this too
thanks!
Yhe cookies are great, except I'd probably eat them myself if it were me, bit I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pill bottle idea. I'm GOING to use that this year, for my parents and for my husband. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLICKR!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakesrevenge/<br /><br />inspiration and desires... www.wists.com/bombgirl<br /><br />craft blog! (if you\'re my swap partner, NO PEEKING!) <br />http://yourfaceiswhereblogsgotodie.blogspot.com/
aeriana_eve
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006 07:48:03 AM »

I always liked the idea of getting empty medicine capsules from a pharmacy and stuffing them with little rolled up notes and giving it to your loved one with a "prescription" written on the side that says to take one each morning. 

I'm going to use that one too!  That's a great idea!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We only have but one life, one love, one truth to find- our souls are intertwined.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...