A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
192 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my perdy neapolitan scarf and hat!  (Read 3154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2006 07:45:15 PM »

this set was done entirely in single crochet, the scarf was inspired by the stripey scarf in SnB, but i went my own way with it lol. it's all done with simply soft, one skein of brown (used almost the whole thing) and a skein of pink and white. i love it. =)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010 10:34:16 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006 07:55:44 PM »

Very nicely done, and you look so cute wearing them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006 08:01:02 PM »

Very nicely done, and you look so cute wearing them

couldn't have said it better.  wow  your  eyes!  very  catching.  looks great on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006 09:48:12 PM »

How funny...I was going to post a topic of nearly the same thing before seeing this post....even called mine neopolitan icecream scarf....great minds think alike huh?....I saw the scarf in SNB too and wanted to make one for my niece to match a hat she wears...here's my version of it...I love that you used a lighter pink leesespieces...it's very perdy!...

I hope my niece likes it....

Dang it's hard to take pictures of yourself isn't it?... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
KrisML4
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006 06:13:37 AM »

I love the color combo! Great hat and scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006 06:34:08 AM »

How funny...I was going to post a topic of nearly the same thing before seeing this post....even called mine neopolitan icecream scarf....great minds think alike huh?....I saw the scarf in SNB too and wanted to make one for my niece to match a hat she wears...here's my version of it...I love that you used a lighter pink leesespieces...it's very perdy!...

I hope my niece likes it....

i LOVE yours!!! what kind of yarn did you use to get that pink? i was actually afraid my pink was too light and would blend too much with the white, but it was either that or "watermelon" LOL. but yours is really cute, i love the stripes. i may have to make a version 2.0 lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006 07:01:31 AM »

i LOVE yours!!! what kind of yarn did you use to get that pink?

I tell ya, I wasn't sure about that pink...my niece came for a visit and she picked out the colors, I was going to go with a softer pink like yours...but it's her scarf, so I used it...It's really much more vibrant than the pictures show, but I love the way it came out....I used el cheapo red heart super saver....Light Raspberrry 0774....I also used Aran 0313 (which is an off-white creamy color) and then the brown...don't have the label anymore on that one...your yarn looks a lot softer than mine, which kind did you use?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006 07:35:28 AM »

i LOVE yours!!! what kind of yarn did you use to get that pink?

I tell ya, I wasn't sure about that pink...my niece came for a visit and she picked out the colors, I was going to go with a softer pink like yours...but it's her scarf, so I used it...It's really much more vibrant than the pictures show, but I love the way it came out....I used el cheapo red heart super saver....Light Raspberrry 0774....I also used Aran 0313 (which is an off-white creamy color) and then the brown...don't have the label anymore on that one...your yarn looks a lot softer than mine, which kind did you use?

i used simply soft in chocolate, soft pink, and white. it was my first time actually USING the yarn (i've been buying tons of it but never got around to it lol), and i actually really like it. i hear red heart softens up if you throw it in the wash a few times with fabric softener. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006 08:26:54 AM »

leesespieces - those are spiffy! i really love it! so simple and cute! you did an amazing job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006 07:58:24 PM »

Great minds do think alike. I've been eyeing the Simply Soft chocolate, pink, and off-white yarn ever since I saw a previous Craftster post a Neapolitan scarf, but I keep making myself put it back on grounds I don't need it and don't know anyone to make it for.  Sad  Glad to see someone else has had good results with it, though.

Does wearing it ever make you want ice cream? I swear looking at the yarn one day in the store made me start craving Neapolitan ice cream later on. Not that I ever need help craving the chocolate part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...