A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Print O' The Wave Stole- along (Part 2)  (Read 17580 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
afallows
« on: November 08, 2006 11:04:51 AM »

I think there may already be a thread for this, somewhere in the depths of archives past, but I was wondering if anyone had any interest in doing a knitalong for Eunny's gorgeous Print O' the Wave stole?

Pictures here:
http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2005/12/print_o_the_wave_stole.html

And free pattern here:
http://www.eunnyjang.com/images/knit/0511joycesscarf/stole_print_o_the_wave.pdf

I cast on for it last night, which lead me to not study for my Russian midterm (curse you and your beautiful patterns, Eunny!) and it's great, but I can tell that it's going to be a little bit of work, especially since I picked the teeniest, hardest-to-see-stitch-detailing-in, most fragile yarn ever. But I'm loving it so far. And the pattern's a lot easier than I thought it would be... the hardest part is going to be dealing with the fiddliness of this darn yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Cynder
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006 02:19:57 PM »

I'm planning on casting on for this when I am done with Icarus, which should be in a few weeks.

I already have KnitPicks Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor in the stash that I think will look great in this pattern.

I am planning on knitting it in one piece and avoiding the grafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WendyZ
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006 02:58:55 PM »

I've been working on this for a few weeks - while making Clapotis' for my Christmas presents (1 and a half to go!!), and working and going to school.  It won't get done too quickly, but I guess I'm in for this!

I'm using some Wilton's dyed yarn from Knitpicks - whatever the pfd sock weight yarn was called last year. 

I'll post pix of it in progress when I get home!

BTW - I'll probably be working on it tonight instead of studying for my 20th century music test!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Flute with no holes is not a Flute.  A Donut with no holes is a Danish.
afallows
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006 02:16:09 PM »

ARGH I just frogged this for the second time, not because of any difficulty with the pattern, but just out of plain stupidity on my part and inability to count! So frustrating!!!!

Casting on for try three... with safety lines this time...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
PimpernelSmith
I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006 06:36:27 PM »

How would you rate the difficulty of this?  I've never done lace (yet), but I have done aran patterns and a clapotis....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
afallows
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006 03:40:33 PM »

Honestly, the pattern isn't very complicated at all. I'm just having problems because I a.) can't count, and b.) was knitting during a bumpy car ride that caused me to drop multiple stitches and get all tangled up in myself. If you've knit aran patterns and a clapotis you'll be more than fine. And it's so pretty!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cynder
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006 11:40:53 AM »

My plans to knit this have been put on hold for a bit.  I have been asked to knit a shawl for a friend who is getting married in March, and I am going to get started on that as soon as I am done with Icarus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
afallows
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006 10:51:28 PM »

I'm on pattern repeat 4... which is more exciting than it sounds because it's amidst exams, parental visits and big school events... and comes after my 3rd start... I really can't count. BUt it's so pretty right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WendyZ
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006 10:00:56 AM »

I have about 12 repeats done on this but it's seriously on the back burner now due to gift knitting, Christmas concerts , Musicals at school ,and exams!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Flute with no holes is not a Flute.  A Donut with no holes is a Danish.
VivaPia
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006 03:45:27 AM »

Hi there!  I started to knit Eunny's Print O'... this summer, but as I'd almost finished the main part I was stupid enough to forget it! Fortunately, it was still in my knitting-basket when I picked it up last week. I just want to tell you that the result will be gorgeus if you only hang in there! I'm not a very experienced (lace-) knitter, but I'm so in love with this one and I think you will be with yours too. So keep up the good work, even if you have exams and Chistmas preparations to do right now!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...