A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Giant Rectangle Granny Square Afghan CAL (pattern link included)  (Read 104436 times)
Tags for this thread: granny_square  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ErinLindsey
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2008 12:26:11 PM »

Thank you for the response. Sorry I took so long to get back here and see it.

I seem to have an average kind of tension--not loose, not tight--so I don't think I need the border, but I agree that sometimes it might look better to have one.

FWIW, the decision was made for me on my rectangle one. I had to go buy additional yarn for my last stripe and discovered that what so many people say is true: Red Heart has gotten thinner over the past year or so. My dcs with the new RH were visibly smaller than those made with my older RH. I figured I needed a row of sc to add the wee bit of missing height. Appearance-wise, I suppose I could add a another couple of sc rows to make a narrow decorative stripe around the edge, but I'm almost out of the required color, so I'm calling it done unless I change my mind before I next visit its intended recipient.

Oh, and as you're reading this thread, ErinLindsey, thank you for posting your late grandmother's pattern for everyone to enjoy, not to mention including such clear photos. I've already started my second afghan from the pattern, a baby-sized one starting with a ch24 instead of 48. I find this pattern also makes a cute bookmark, if you use size 10 thread and stop after three rounds.

Sorry I didnt get back right away either.  Had a few health problems lately.

I've played around with changing the foundation row's length too. I made book marks for my aunts with it too. 

The reason why the pictures on my blog are so clear is because I used my scanner to take the close-up pictures.   The digital camera I had at the time didnt like to focus as well as I wanted it to look. 

I like seeing all the pictures of rectangle grannies every time I wander thru Craftster.

I'm about to start getting rid of all my Red Heart stash by making a scrap rectangle granny afghan or five (I have a lot of stash). That yarn really has started to go downhill.  I actually have switched from using Red Heart exclusively to branching out into Caron One Pound skeins, and Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn.  (the ILTY is a lot more staticky than RHSS, only thing I dont like about ILTY)   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommycrochets
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2008 01:38:50 PM »

I have to finish the afghan I am working on right now then I am going to give this a try. My sister in laws Birthday is Christmas day and I want to make something special for her. I have a ton of red and white yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2010 02:50:41 PM »

I'm glad your aunt liked it. I like it too; the greens and browns are very earthy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2010 09:05:31 PM »

I gave it to my aunt this summer, she cried she was so happy. My gran passed a few years ago and I guess I am the only one left in the family that crafts. Better make her some more stuff, looks like she's been missing it!

I am so very impressed with your blanket. It is wonderful. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elljo3
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2012 02:24:30 PM »

Ok so I started this yesterday and only done 6 rounds shall we say.need to get my butt in gear as I have started loads of projects in the past but have never ever finished any,I tend to get board easy and want another challenge so I am hoping that by posting my progress everyday will get me in gear to complete this

I really would like it too be big so I will start off with say 30 complete rounds and add more as I go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet along Rectangle granny 7/30
Yo-yo crochet 0/50
Elljo3
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2012 07:51:34 AM »

This is my progress so far
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo-yo crochet 0/50
Kcraft49
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2012 08:10:15 PM »

Great start. I made one two weeks ago, i love that pattern, it goes so fast. Check it out on crafsters. Have fun with your's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elljo3
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2012 01:23:25 AM »

Thank you.
It does work up so fast will try get some more photos up soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo-yo crochet 0/50
moxiepurple
Star Stealer

Meow...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2012 11:19:19 AM »

I made one of these in SF 49ers colors for a friend of a friend, with a little football applique. I started on April 27 2012 and finished by May 18 2012, measuring 48x48 inches.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am up for a personal swap!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2012 05:17:03 AM »

Oh I really like this moxiepurple. The football is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Crochet Knotted Head Wrap
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...