A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,831
Currently Running With Scissors:
202 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Giant Rectangle Granny Square Afghan CAL (pattern link included)  (Read 104441 times)
Tags for this thread: granny_square  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

playin hooky
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2008 10:04:43 AM »

im already makin a giant granny square Grin i was wondering why no1 thought of it first Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bullykai
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2008 11:16:49 PM »

Hi everyone, I too saw this post super late, but I have already started and I am loving it!  This is going to be my first ever crochet project and I can't believe it's turning out really well!  I will have to post pics of what I have so far.  I am already thinking of making two more for mother's day! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2008 12:54:41 PM »

Whoa! That's Huge! I love the colors I definitely have to give you a, "YOU GO GIRL!!!" lol.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008 01:07:26 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please don't quote images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
mamafen
Yarn, it's not just for grannies anymore.

Scotch: It's breakfast.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2008 12:34:45 PM »

Woo! I'm jumping in Smiley
35 weeks pregnant and I need to keep myself busy or I'll go nuts scrubbing my shower for the 5th time this week (no seriously, I've been following my husband around scrubbing EVERYTHING after him)

I'm 3 rounds into this and it's coming out great so hooray!  I'm gonna make it a baby blankie for the little one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I could buy the world a coke, then I would say "SCREW YOU WORLD" and go buy more fabric.

http://wists.com/mamafen
http://buttonsandbrimstone.blogspot.com/
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2008 09:05:21 PM »

Woo! I'm jumping in Smiley
35 weeks pregnant and I need to keep myself busy or I'll go nuts scrubbing my shower for the 5th time this week (no seriously, I've been following my husband around scrubbing EVERYTHING after him)

I'm 3 rounds into this and it's coming out great so hooray!  I'm gonna make it a baby blankie for the little one.

I hear ya on the cleaning!  I'm 38 weeks and have been "nesting" aka, "oh, crap, she's cleaning again" for the last couple weeks.  I might have to start one of these after getting done with the 2 round ripples that I'm working on right now.

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
librarylass
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2008 02:13:38 AM »

IheartTHO, I am SO doing a shot like you did (lying outstretched) when I get my current one done for my sis. I didn't buy yarn specifically, just a stashbuster, but am using some colours she recommended.

6mm hook, (Tunisian crochet hook, I find it way easier on my wrists) and a variety of weights, but mainly worsted yarns, and some yarns held double.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
topaztic
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2008 07:15:03 PM »

i just wanted to add i ended up finishing this pattern and gave the finished afghan to my parents for christmas.  they were so surprised bc i've never crocheted anything before.  unfortunately no pictures yet but next time i go home i will take some and post bc everyone else's pics were so very helpful. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2008 09:52:04 AM »

Ok, I finished 1 round ripple, and started this afghan, cause I had to.  I had a light sage green and an oatmeal colored yarn that wasn't being used for anything, and put them together...and they really look nice.  Added benefit?  It'll match my couch, which has seen better days. 

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2008 09:50:09 PM »

got tired of not working with yarn in either knit or crochet, I went back to the good old granny squares to make it seem like I'm doing something.  I was doing the square granny squares for awhile this morning, and thought i'd look thru the crochet-along to see if there were granny squares to post my wips, and came across the rectangles. 

what an interesting concept, I had just been working with the squares, sooooo... i abandoned my squares and thought i'd try the rectangles.  I think I didn't read the directions thorough enough... but I manage to fudge it ok. 

I don't like how it expands length wise faster than width wise, so i added more width wise, and it's working well for me. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008 10:14:00 PM by itscute - Reason: added picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

coma bernice
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2008 12:13:06 PM »

youre instructions helped ,thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Crochet Knotted Head Wrap
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...