A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,839
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady Eleanor Round 2?  (Read 78298 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
warmfuzzies
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2007 07:31:48 AM »

Samsara and Scatter Kincaid - Glad you guys likey.  Grin 

Eveel - I used almost 6 full skeins of Rowan Tapestry in the Antique colorway, and it took me about a week to knit.  Thanks for the compliment.  You're making me blush.

bixby2 - I've seen your in-progress pic and your Eleanor's beautiful.  I think size 7s are more suited for the yarn...I would have knit on 7s myself if I hadn't intended to wear Lady Eleanor mainly as a scarf.  I went with 10s because I wanted the fabric to be more airy and not so heavy (because I'd have to double my Eleanor over most of the time).  And this is off topic, but I love your Pirate Sam.  Excellent work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bixby2
« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2007 09:18:26 AM »

thanks  Wink  I am planning to use my Lady as a shawl, but we live here in the desert.  I think I will keep using the 7's on this one and experament with 10's for the next one.  OH YES, there will be another one!  If I have my way there will be one in every color of Tapestry Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
meriellyn
« Reply #312 on: February 12, 2007 09:33:31 AM »

The crazy blankie version has begun. Smiley
Amazingly, I got almost 3 tiers done in one day, and it's enormous! Finished the third yesterday. I'm totally amused with this project now. I'll post a picture as soon as I have at least one tier of each color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbelle
« Reply #313 on: February 12, 2007 10:05:23 AM »

I cast on the other night using Patons SWS.  What size needles are you using?  I'm using 10.5 and it seems like the stitches are just so bulky.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2007 10:32:54 AM »

I cast on the other night using Patons SWS.  What size needles are you using?  I'm using 10.5 and it seems like the stitches are just so bulky.   Sad

i used SWS for my lady e. and i used size 9 needles.   it came out pretty nice and not too bulky.  you might just want to do a few extra tiers if you want it to be full length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

farrah
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2007 11:03:33 AM »

I also used SWS and Size 9 needles. I made 42 tiers, I think (plus the 2 triangle tiers on each end). After blocking, I believe it ended up being 66 inches long.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbelle
« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2007 11:07:00 AM »

Oh wow... that is gorgeous, and such inspiration.  Especially since it is the same color mine will be! 

I don't have much done, so frogging and using 9s won't make me shed a tear.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2007 01:31:23 PM »

I made a Clapotis and mini-Lady-E w/ SWS and used 9s both times as well. Worked out nicely. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klutz 91
« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2007 02:46:35 PM »

klutz 91 - It is never too late to join  Cheesy  I wouldn't stress on the dye lot too much.  It isn't too important with this pattern.  If you are worried about the colors being too different, you could alternate dyel lots each row.

bixby2,
Thanks for your input.  I think I'm going to just alternate between balls.  (Haha...I should have said skeins.)  I'm enjoying the repetition too much to worry about switching between yarns. 

Right now I'm finishing the fourth tier.  Instead of turning my work, I've been knitting backwards in hopes of saving some time.  However, I don't think there's a chance in hell I'll finish in a week like warmfuzzies did.  Now that is some serious knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2007 03:05:40 PM »

farrah, I just had to stop and post a compliment. Your picture and lady eleanor are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...