A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
230 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady Eleanor Round 2?  (Read 78658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LSTinVA
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2007 04:51:29 AM »

Thanks so much for the online site information, meriellyn!  SO DANGEROUS!!!  I am making the similar Danica scarf and using Patons SWS and it's lovely but of course 1/3 of the way through I'm admiring other yarns already!  I was wondering whether to back it with some silky fabric, or if I have the patience to knit another colorway and then stitch the two together for a "two-sided, two-color-themed" scarf....

I am glad I began the entrelac -- up until now, I've only made potholders and "plain" scarves!  I need to learn how to knit backwards since I'm not as good at purling.

Thanks to all Craftsters for all your help and information, and most of all, for your inspiration and encouragement!

L
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2007 07:35:41 AM »

I  love  this Eleanor!!!!   they  are  fabulous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
meriellyn
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2007 01:25:15 PM »

Hehe, nothing like a little enabling! Wink

Which SWS color are you using for your Danica? I used the Natural Earth colorway and it came out really pretty. I also made a Clapotis in the pink and green one. I want to make something with the blue and tan one too. I love their colors and love working with it. I'm not able to wear it agains my skin because I'm pretty sensitive but my mom can wear just about anything.

I was thinking about picking up a few skeins of Simply Soft Shadows to make another Clapotis but I was a little short on cash and the SSS has dye lots so I couldn't get some now and some later. Instead I got some regular SS and SS brights to make a blankie sized Lady E. It's going to be so obnoxious 80s looking. Hehe. I can't wait to get started! Haven't decided how large to make it yet. Luckily all the other SS colors are no dye lot so I can go back later and pick up as much as I need, $2 at a time. Smiley
I hope I can find time to start tonight. I'm excited about the burn-your-retinas bright colors! I love interesting colors. Of course I end up with no neutral accessories that way but oh well. I am determined to make a few neutral things this year, but not just yet. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

warmfuzzies
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2007 05:51:52 AM »

I wish I had taken the time to show my progress knitting Lady Eleanor, but she was finished more quickly than I had anticipated, so I'm just going to jump in with my finished Lady Eleanor.  Hope you guys don't mind!

The colors are more true-to-life in this next photo.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2007 06:29:17 AM »

Beautiful! I love the colours!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2007 06:53:21 AM »

warmfuzzies: your work is absolutely beautiful!  i'm in love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2007 07:33:41 AM »

holy mo.. how long did it take you and what yarn did you use. its gorgeus
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
klutz 91
« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2007 12:02:47 AM »

Hey y'all....can I play?

I just cast on tonight in Noro Silk Garden #84.  It was a rocky start, but I somehow made it through the base triangles. 

I have two different dyelots.  Do you think this will make much difference with Noro?  I'm kind of worried.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bixby2
« Reply #308 on: February 11, 2007 09:33:28 AM »

warmfuzzies - I am also using Rowan Tapestry.  In your blog you said you used a size 10 needle.  I am using a size 7 and I am wondering if I should frog what I have and start over with the 10.  I love how yours came out!

klutz 91 - It is never too late to join  Cheesy  I wouldn't stress on the dye lot too much.  It isn't too important with this pattern.  If you are worried about the colors being too different, you could alternate dyel lots each row.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
Nymeria
Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2007 06:12:54 AM »

I wouldn't stress on the dye lot too much.  It isn't too important with this pattern. 

QFT. hehe I started this thread before school started and since then I've been busy and only get to check back occassionally. All I can say is: GREAT WORK LADIES!!! Soo many beautiful Lady E's!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...