A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 321,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
123 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Wonderful: cheap advertising  (Read 1259 times)
Tags for this thread: advertising  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Jessica McLeod
« on: October 26, 2006 08:38:58 PM »

Hi! I'm not a spambot (that always makes me think of a robot made of Spam, ew) and I'm not running this business, I just thought this would be something you guys might be interested in. (I've been reading the forums for a long time, and I joined to make this post.) If this is not allowed here, just let me know.

I make crafts (crochet and embroidery), art and comics. Recently Ryan North (the guy who does Dinosaur Comics) started an online advertising service called Project Wonderful. You can check it out here:

http://www.projectwonderful.com/

Basically you join up and put some funds in your account- I just put $5 in. Then you can look around at the websites that are offereing advertising space. You bid on a space and if you are the highest bidder, you ad goes up! You don't pay for clicks, just per day (or even hour).

The service only launched a couple of days ago and advertising is going for really cheap! For instance, you can put a little button on my site (I have a site where I have all of my comics) for 10c or 20c a day.

I've been telling all my comics friends about this but it seems to me that it would be a great way for a small craft business to advertise. Just make a button with your coolest necklace/t-shirt/toilet roll holder on it and let people come and check it out!

Anyway, you should go to the site and read more if you're interested. You can even sign up to be considered as a seller of ad space, and make a bit of money to defray your costs! Oh, and another thing is that as a seller, you can approve or reject bids. So if you only wanted non-craft ads up (rather than advertising the competition), you could do that.

Anyway, I hope this was informative rather than annoying!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZNE
Chel @ ZNE!

variaZioNE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006 09:50:21 PM »

Hey Jessica, this looks pretty cool.  I have a couple questions (I don't knw if you can answer them) - but is there a portfolio of sites using Project Wonderful, so that we can see what the ad spaces end up looking like?

Are the ads in rows underneath your logo Project Wonderful ads, or are they some other link exchange?

In any case, thanks for the information - the more promotion venues, the better!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006 09:16:15 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jessica McLeod
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006 05:00:45 AM »

You can see the banner ad at the top of my site, and the buttons at the bottom:

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/jessica/

There is a skyscraper ad on this page:

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/grug/

Site moderators/ webmasters decide where the ads go on their site and how many to put up, so it varies a lot. If you sign up for PW (it's free and it doesn't bind you to anything) you can see all the sites that are offering advertising space. Oh, and the ads appear on every page of the site (for instance, every page of comics on my site has the same ads).

So far it's working really well for me- most of my readers come from my LiveJournal but I've been able to at least double my readership just through 10c or 20c ads!

Thanks for the tip about Indie-o-Rama, I'll check it out! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZNE
Chel @ ZNE!

variaZioNE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006 10:18:32 AM »

Cool!  Thanks for the answers.  I'll definitely look into it a bit more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.
Meatless Monday: Crockpot Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal and Leftover Oatmeal Cookies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...