A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,594
Currently Running With Scissors:
287 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What computer program did you use for invites?  (Read 4535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

binkey75
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006 09:21:25 PM »

I used QuarkXPress... but you can use photoshop, illustrator or word... whatever works best for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hammer79
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006 05:59:38 AM »

I am planning to do my own invites at home too, using Word.  However, I wonder about my printer's ink.  If moisture of any kind gets on the paper, the ink will run.  I'm adding a couple little photos to the invitation.  I think that I'm going to get the photos printed at a photo shop and cut them out from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k77blink
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006 12:09:37 AM »

i used photoshop and illustrator with target invite kits $30 for 50 invites, blank cards and envelopes for both. i used a font called dream orphan from dafont.com and an image from istock, given to me by an indiebride/designer, that i changed up a bit. i love the way they turned out but id love some feedback also!!!

btw- if you are a student you can pick up creative suite for cheap at campustech.com. i recently replaced my not so authentic versions of photoshop, illustrator, and indesign with a real version of creative suite for $180-something bucks. awesome deal really. they verify that you are a student btw. not a plug, but i wanted to share the deal so no one overpays if they have that opportunity.

my invites- the ink is brown, the edges are gold deckle, the paper is ivory.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

birdy.etsy.com
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006 08:43:09 AM »

I think your invitation is beautiful! I love the colors and the spacing on everything. You're getting married right after we are!! I've almost finished my invitation, so I'm going to post it in the next couple of days for feedback. I ended up using Publisher, mostly and editing the images in photoshop.

I really appreciate everyone who wrote back -- getting married is a fun and wonderful project but all of your guidance has been very much appreciated. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
Krafty Kitten
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007 12:27:15 PM »

K77- Where do you get little graphics like that? Do you have the designer's name? I really want something fancy but don't know how to make or find that.

TIA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k77blink
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007 08:12:42 PM »

the image was purchased from istock.com. look at illustrations or vector images. i do not know the designers name, but she just gave me the image. i found her on indiebride when she posted her invitations. i think its about $5-$10, last time i bought a vector image it was about that i think. you buy credits on istock... i just took some butterfly images out of the bigger image and made a few tiny other little changes using illustrator and photoshop. there are cheaper programs like those, some are listed above. most programs used for graphics and designing that are really just a glorified paint when you really think about it. more options, nicer features, better quality. if you can use paint, you can teach yourself to use on of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

birdy.etsy.com
geniusNOTatWORK
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007 01:49:41 AM »

indesign and free fonts  Smiley

since I don't have time to do my own invites, I got lazy and bought those print-your-own-invites at Michael's. Those are insanely elegant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hammer79
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007 06:24:11 AM »

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/mhamersma79/outsidescan.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/mhamersma79/inside.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007 08:40:54 AM »

Awww hammer79 -- the front of your invitation is so cute!!!!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
speedingpullet
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007 01:18:11 PM »

As well as PhotoShop and Illustrator - there's also macromedia's Flash. Like Illustrator its a vector based package, and it works really really well with fonts (no bitmaps, so no wierd/jaggly lines, plus you can do kerning  and spacing by hand). I personally prefer Flash to Illustrator, as I'm not a big fan of Adobe's user interface.

When I got married in 2002, I designed my own invitations with Flash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...