A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,284
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Curiously Clever Clogs anyone?  (Read 6454 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jenknits2
« on: October 21, 2006 08:49:00 AM »

The pattern is finally available!  Yea!  I saw this a couple weeks ago and am so wanting these slippers!  Now that I'm looking at the pattern I'm thinking there's some fiddly things I may need help working through with a buddy or two.  Anyone want to KAL with me?
Here's where to find the pattern: http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-029

Jennifer in Oregon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006 10:56:25 AM »

those are fantastic... but $7 for the pattern.... I'll bet that's US dollars, too, right?  That's a lot...

The beads are neat, but I don't think I'd do them.  Plain Jane sounds fine to me. 

I've wisted.... maybe someday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purposefulinsanity
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006 11:16:26 AM »

those are fantastic... but $7 for the pattern.... I'll bet that's US dollars, too, right?  That's a lot...

That's what I thought- for a garment I wouldn't mind paying that much but for slippers it seems a little steep.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006 12:02:55 PM »

That's what I thought- for a garment I wouldn't mind paying that much but for slippers it seems a little steep.

i agree.....they're really cute, but i'd rather buy yarn for $7 than one single pattern Wink

and btw purposefulinsanity, ICON LOVE!  <3  rarrrrr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TallGrrl
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006 01:37:34 PM »

I got the pattern, and you don't just get a pattern for one slipper,  you get knitting instructions and instructions the beading and shibori techniques.
I will be making probably 3 pairs of these for the holidaze and the pattern will more than pay for itself with the first pair.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006 01:41:31 PM »

Those are really cool....I'm still brainstorming about X-mas presents but those might work for some of my family. Thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elabela
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006 09:21:46 AM »

I just got it because i haven't been able to think of ANYTHING for gifts for some of the members of my family, and these will work perfectly.. soI'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's my birthday! - November 8!
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006 11:43:54 AM »

I looked again at the Lopi in my stash.... a chocolate brown and a turquoise blue that I had forgotten about.  I think it really does want to be felted slippers of some kind... I think I'll wait and see how you folks find the pattern and your own end products before I jump in on this, though.  I'm nervous... if it doesn't work out right, you can't unfelt and rip out!  And beign 4-6 hours from even a small yarn store... I get nervous about using my good bits of yarn that I do have... go on, folks, give me the encouragement I need to make this happen... post pics!!! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006 12:03:51 PM »

I wisted this pattern too. Are the directions well written? I hate buying a pattern and then not being able to follow it. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006 12:17:33 PM »

i love the pattern and they could rock my cold feet but i agree with yarnhag. it is mucho money for only the pattern. i could buy LOTS of yarn with that money.. but again, maybe someday if i ever sell a crafty item or two, i will definetely jump on the bandwagon. they are too cool! can't wait to see pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...