A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,817
Currently Running With Scissors:
240 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Curiously Clever Clogs anyone?  (Read 6591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jenknits2
« on: October 21, 2006 08:49:00 AM »

The pattern is finally available!  Yea!  I saw this a couple weeks ago and am so wanting these slippers!  Now that I'm looking at the pattern I'm thinking there's some fiddly things I may need help working through with a buddy or two.  Anyone want to KAL with me?
Here's where to find the pattern: http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-029

Jennifer in Oregon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006 10:56:25 AM »

those are fantastic... but $7 for the pattern.... I'll bet that's US dollars, too, right?  That's a lot...

The beads are neat, but I don't think I'd do them.  Plain Jane sounds fine to me. 

I've wisted.... maybe someday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purposefulinsanity
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006 11:16:26 AM »

those are fantastic... but $7 for the pattern.... I'll bet that's US dollars, too, right?  That's a lot...

That's what I thought- for a garment I wouldn't mind paying that much but for slippers it seems a little steep.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006 12:02:55 PM »

That's what I thought- for a garment I wouldn't mind paying that much but for slippers it seems a little steep.

i agree.....they're really cute, but i'd rather buy yarn for $7 than one single pattern Wink

and btw purposefulinsanity, ICON LOVE!  <3  rarrrrr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TallGrrl
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006 01:37:34 PM »

I got the pattern, and you don't just get a pattern for one slipper,  you get knitting instructions and instructions the beading and shibori techniques.
I will be making probably 3 pairs of these for the holidaze and the pattern will more than pay for itself with the first pair.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006 01:41:31 PM »

Those are really cool....I'm still brainstorming about X-mas presents but those might work for some of my family. Thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elabela
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006 09:21:46 AM »

I just got it because i haven't been able to think of ANYTHING for gifts for some of the members of my family, and these will work perfectly.. soI'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's my birthday! - November 8!
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006 11:43:54 AM »

I looked again at the Lopi in my stash.... a chocolate brown and a turquoise blue that I had forgotten about.  I think it really does want to be felted slippers of some kind... I think I'll wait and see how you folks find the pattern and your own end products before I jump in on this, though.  I'm nervous... if it doesn't work out right, you can't unfelt and rip out!  And beign 4-6 hours from even a small yarn store... I get nervous about using my good bits of yarn that I do have... go on, folks, give me the encouragement I need to make this happen... post pics!!! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006 12:03:51 PM »

I wisted this pattern too. Are the directions well written? I hate buying a pattern and then not being able to follow it. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006 12:17:33 PM »

i love the pattern and they could rock my cold feet but i agree with yarnhag. it is mucho money for only the pattern. i could buy LOTS of yarn with that money.. but again, maybe someday if i ever sell a crafty item or two, i will definetely jump on the bandwagon. they are too cool! can't wait to see pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Vanilla Spice Nut Mix
Meatless Monday: Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...