A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
227 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pre-paid orders?  (Read 1632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dogmama
« on: September 22, 2004 07:50:15 PM »

Hello, I'll be participating in my first craft show this weekend in Greenfield, WI. I make dog collars, leashes and bandanas.

I was wondering what to do if someone wants to order from me there. Do I ask for a payment right then?

diane
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedStitch
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004 08:35:47 AM »

I usually tell the customer: It's up to you! Sometimes they pay, sometimes they pay when their order is ready. Take their phone numbers to be able to let them know when the order is ready and keep intouch.

When I get an order, I usually make 3-4 items eventhough the customer ordered something particular. For example, a customer odered a BLUE scarf. I made a scarf of the colour she wanted, plus I made a Carolina blue scarf and a navy blue scarf. She ended up buyng 2 items: the one she ordered and the  Carolina blue scarf.

Take advantige of taking orders. These people usually come back and bring friends.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004 06:58:14 PM by RedStitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogmama
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004 06:39:10 PM »

thanks so much for the tips!

diane
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShelbyAD
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004 05:41:10 AM »

When taking orders, do you mail them to the customers or drop them off?  If you mail them, do you add the cost of the shipping to the total?  What if you don't know how much it will cost to mail/UPS it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedStitch
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004 09:13:54 AM »

When taking orders, do you mail them to the customers or drop them off?  If you mail them, do you add the cost of the shipping to the total?  What if you don't know how much it will cost to mail/UPS it?

I usually ask the customer what is better for her.

USPS has a web site with prices page - that's where you can find out how much shipping would cost. I think it is www.usps.org or www.usps.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...