A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pairs Hilton costume help  (Read 5138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fuzzy_feet
« on: October 17, 2006 12:57:45 PM »

Ok, so this year, I decided I wanted to be Paris Hilton for Halloween. Right now, I've got a wig and big sunglasses. The rest I think will be pretty easy to find- huge purse, stuffed chihuahua, pink shoes, etc. The only thing I might have a problem with is the dress. It seems easy enough, just a pink, maybe sparkily dress, but I'm from New Brunswick (Canada) and it's pretty cold here at Halloween. I'm also only thirteen. Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allthatglitters
ready-to-wear is for pussies

Will rob bank for embroidery machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006 01:04:35 PM »

hmmmmmmmm......

a) try to get some Leggins, long ski underpants or warm pantyhose in flesh colour  (or: white and dye them). Wear warm underwear underneath (angora stuff maybe)

b) choose polar fleece for the dress, its warm and available everywhere Wink

c) flesh coloured jersey/interlock will keep your neck and cleavage warm so you won't catch a cold too quick cause "Paris" has a deep cleavage
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...why buy it when you can make it yourself?
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006 01:12:29 PM »

I don't think that Paris Hilton has worn anything that isn't trashy or appropriate for a thirteen year old girl or anybody for that matter to wear, I'm no prude, but she's a tramp.  I'm not sure I'd be too happy about my daughter wanting to be her for Hallowe'en or looking up to her as a role-model.  That being said, if you still want to be her for Hallowe'en and your folks are cool with it, get a nude coloured turtle neck shirt, and the same coloured leggings or leotards and wear them under a pink spaghetti strap dress, so you'll be covered up, and warm.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
peariso
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006 01:32:52 PM »

i agree that she is definitly not someone that I would want to be but what about this?

http://www.the-o-shop.de/oakleyblog/uploads/oakley_paris_hilton.jpg

or this

http://www.furisdead.com/page/600-parishilton.jpg

You could pair that with some skinny jeans and some Pink Uggs and you would be on your way. 

Also it would be school safe.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006 09:27:26 PM by krazigal72 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
fuzzy_feet
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006 04:30:35 PM »

Just to let you all know, I'm not being her because I look up to her, It's more to make fun of her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silentlu
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006 05:06:41 PM »

i remember seeing a picture of her with a t-shirt on that was very grammatically incorrect.

Front: Thats Hot
Back: Your Not

Maybe you could replicate that?

Edit: found a picture http://www.dirteelinens.com/images/unisexz/parishilton-thathotnot.jpg
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 05:09:14 PM by silentlu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog ---> http://ltraylor.com
seraphin
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006 05:35:42 PM »

I love the "thats hot, your not" shirt. so bratty and her, and easy to replicate. maybe you could add some lobotomy scars across the forehead and carry a fake pink sparkly brain in a jar or a clear plastic hand bag (it could be a fake Louis V or something) Wink

you know just to add some gore and social commentary. you could really have some fun with this! Cheesy

I was going to say throw in some herpes sores and wear you your skirt tucked into your underwear (with nude leggings of course...) but thats kind of eew and not quite appropriate for your age Wink

do you have a friend who can do Nic Richie? huge sunglasses, and maybe paint some skeletal features on her arm and neck?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006 08:25:00 PM »

I think seraphin has a good idea. Especially if you dont want people to be like, hey, why the heck would you want to dress up as Paris Hilton, she sucks? It'd be hilarious. Especially with a pink sparkley brain in a jar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006 08:36:43 PM »

I dont think it really matters what you wear.  People are still going to ask who you are.  I think a big part of your costume would be how you act.

Lots of the "thats hot" and that dumb vacant look.  If you are walking down the hallway, pause a lot and strike a pose, do a little turn, and then keep walking. A cell phone is an absolute must too, obviously in school you wouldnt use it, but pretending to constantly page someone or recieve calls would really Paris-y.

I like the look of the vest with the fur lined hood, and the Uggs or a shoe like an Ugg is a definate must.

As usual, post pictures.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamagotchi
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006 10:10:09 PM »

I don't think wanting to be Paris Hilton is at all inappropriate.  It's funny!

I agree with a lot of the suggestions above.  If I were you I'd keep looking online for pictures, because as the weather gets colder she will most likely start wearing warmer clothes.  I'd also try to avoid wearing a turtleneck or something underneath, since that kind of destroys the look.  I'm sure you'll be able to find a good cold-weather outfit that looks sufficiently Paris-like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Monsters!
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Picture Frame Tray
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...