A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,283
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The new ten-minute skirt. Yeaaaah, buddy! (img heavy)  (Read 35089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Petrifiera
« on: September 08, 2004 02:19:29 AM »

I've been having some issues lately getting myself to actually sew something. Still am...but last night, I took a step into trying to get back into sewing...and what did I do, you ask? Shoot...I tried the dreaded ten-minute skirt that so many people are so crazy about. BUT...there's a slight catch. "What?!" you ask. I revamped it juuuuuust a lil. Wink

So it's not actually sewing...but I'm getting there. Smiley First I was just screwing around and made the grey one out of an old shirt my brother Jason donated to me for my DIY pile thingy. "Hey...this is kinda cute." Then I decided to make another out of the yellow one he gave me. "Hmm...this isn't exactly school dress code, is it?" (I doubt I'd wear it any time soon though anyway...maybe with different shirts or something...plus I'd attract too much attention, and I really don't feel like having people stare at me right now lol)...so I decided to layer them. I put on the grey one underneath and kind of adjusted it so that the back and front are actually the sides now, so the longer parts would cover the parts of the yellow skirt that would've revealed my upper legs (skirts have to reach to the top of the knee at my school...looks like the top of the knee to me, right? lol). I safety pinned the sides of the yellow skirt in the front for the interesting doohicky thing in the front...Egyptian style, I guess? haha. Anyways, I like it. I may wear it some day...or one like it hehe. Oh and I just wrapped the yellow scrap fabric around my neck for that choker thing lol. It's crazy what ideas I can come up with. Anyway, enjoy! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015 01:19:26 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purple_hippo
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004 03:17:03 AM »

minimal/no sew? sounds exciting! any chance of a pic-tute with your next work? fantabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
onenonblond
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004 11:53:26 PM »

i love it that is so great, and it might be something i could make! (i am not the most wonderful at sewing but i'm gettin better. could you put a pic tut on? greatly appreciated
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Princess Kitti
The one and only says:

To hell with you and all your friends...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004 05:39:46 PM »

Tut! Tut! Please Im a no- sewer as well...

tut!

Even just words will help me...I dont quite understand it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the one and only has spoken.
HotCarl
Knitty.

HotCarl Is a GIRL.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004 06:43:34 PM »

Fantabulous! That's an awesome skirt, Maria. Did you do the 10 minute skirt waistband? (just the neck of the tee) or did you cut that off and make a new one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<signature-style="obvious-plug">
DontEatCrayons
Just Fabulous Darling

crafty embroideress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004 11:36:38 AM »

Cheesy oh my gooooodness, that is excellent! i think ineed one! could u post a tutorial wit some pics? prety please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004 11:41:31 AM »

It looks like she just cut open the sides/under seam of sleeves on 2 tshirts, then cut the hem of the skirts a bit jaggedy.
Then just wears them with the neckline of the shirt around her waist.  The yellow one is pinned together in front, the grey one is worn sideways underneath.

There may be a bit more to it than that, but it's a starting place!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brokenclown

Lonely lil' dolly with nothing but her creativity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004 05:16:50 PM »

I agree for a tutorial! Great looking skirt!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ebony
Princess Kitti
The one and only says:

To hell with you and all your friends...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004 01:47:00 PM »

It looks like she just cut open the sides/under seam of sleeves on 2 tshirts, then cut the hem of the skirts a bit jaggedy.
Then just wears them with the neckline of the shirt around her waist.  The yellow one is pinned together in front, the grey one is worn sideways underneath.

There may be a bit more to it than that, but it's a starting place!

Tutioral with pictures maybe? Im still a bit confused and i would LOVE to make this skirt with some tees I have here. Please SOMEONE make a tutorial...Im begging. Pweese???

-K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the one and only has spoken.
iciclegirl
Obey the Chuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004 03:19:10 PM »

I like it, it reminds me of pirates  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...