A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 320,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: retro-ish dress yipeeeee  (Read 4724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006 09:00:25 PM »

I Love It! The material reminds me of some retro beachhouses curtains and couch or something, NOT THAT THATS BAD! I think its rad!

I love how you made your legs do that!
LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006 12:25:23 AM »

thanks guys!
i was really happy it turned out.
i actually like the fabric alot, i didn't want to spend alot of money on fabric for my first attempt at that pattern. but now that i know it fits good and was relativly easy i'll be more likely to spend money on good 50's looking fabric for the dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
sweetz_love
SWEETZ <3 SSB

WE DONT PLAY DAT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006 04:46:03 AM »

oh wow!!
i always love that style of dress
great job!!!!!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to all my lovely swap partners, if you can take pictures of the items that you send to me, just in case, that would be great! me and my digital camera dont always get along!! thanx Grin

MY WIST!!!!!!!
autopilotstar
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006 06:39:32 PM »

Ah!  I have that exact same fabric.  I originally bought it to make a dress... but then I thought it might be 'too much', so I used it for a bag (which you can see here https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=124976.0)

But after seeing your dress I think it's looks great as a dress!  Now I'm wondering if I have enough left over to make one.  We will see!

I also got the fabric on the bargain wall... got to love a good deal Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006 09:41:37 PM »

Ah!  I have that exact same fabric.  I originally bought it to make a dress... but then I thought it might be 'too much', so I used it for a bag (which you can see here https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=124976.0)

But after seeing your dress I think it's looks great as a dress!  Now I'm wondering if I have enough left over to make one.  We will see!

hahah that's too funny! you don't happen to live in the fraser valley area do you? that would be too funny indeed! i thought it might be a little much as a dress but the price sold me on it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
autopilotstar
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006 01:16:24 PM »

hahah that's too funny! you don't happen to live in the fraser valley area do you? that would be too funny indeed! i thought it might be a little much as a dress but the price sold me on it

I have no idea where Fraser Valley is!  I live in Nova Scotia (Canada).  For some reason I get really excited if I see someone else with the same fabric as me... I'm not quite sure why Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
all_wrong

what's it going to be then, eh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006 02:14:03 PM »

It looks really great, and fits you wonderfully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-
everything about her is a mess.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...