A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
156 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Selling Crafts at a Concert/Festival  (Read 1242 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Aeden

literacy for the masses

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2004 12:32:14 PM »

HI my freindly fellow craftsters!!!!!  I have been crafting for a loooong time, but only have evr made stuff for myself or for friends.  this october, my husband and are going to a 2 day music festival in new orleans (beastie boys!!!!  yay!!!!), and in order to help pay for the trip i was thinkin gof trying to sell something small and cool like wristbands, hemp necklaces, or whatever.  my question is, does anyone have any tips or experience with selling homemade goodies at a music concert?  is it illegal?  if so, is it easy to get around the rules?  what's a good craft, easy to make in quantity, that people like to buy?  any advice is very welcome....my husband and i really cannot afford this trip at all, but we arew so desperate to see the b boys!!!  Smiley  thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i only have a minute, i have to get back to playing the sims
Serendipity
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004 12:34:25 PM »

I've never done sales at a concert, but I'm pretty sure you have to get some sort of permission to be a vendor at the event. I think even those people who sell glow sticks have to have permission.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dimhalo
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004 07:48:41 AM »

I would think that not only would you need permission, but you would also have to *pay* to be able to sell stuff there. Depending on what type of venue it is, they may also require that you have a license to sell in that borough. Especially with big bands, most tours don't like to allow other people to sell things at their shows. Money being spent elsewhere can't be spent on merch, and merch is a bit profit maker. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...