A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Y&Kei top. please help.  (Read 1780 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
aboutagirlnamedalex

redhead & you know it

View Profile WWW
« on: October 12, 2006 01:39:45 PM »

I really really really want to create a top similar to this one. does anyone have any patterns/suggestions? thanks a milllion!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

give me everything i want and nothing i need
Rhapsodomancy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006 05:54:08 PM »

Unfortunately I can't offer much insight since the photo is too small to be able to see the details (where's the site that has zoomed-in photos of things like this?!).  To me it seems like the top and pleated bottom are sewn together.  Perhaps you can use a pattern for a pleated skirt (there are a few here at craftster) to make the bottom?
The top looks like it's shape is being held by the straps.  The hanging fabric in the front looks to me like two pieces of double-lined material, with one ends of both pieces significantly wider.  If you tie the two pieces together towards the wider sides (looks like somewhat un-evenly), it would create that drapey-tie thing.  The two thin ends would then be sewn to the back of the tops to form the straps.  Whew! 
I'm not an expert seamstress by any means so please take my advice with a grain of salt or five.  'Best of luck makign this top--it's beautiful!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 11:08:10 PM by Rhapsodomancy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitsch, please! (a knitting blog) Updated!

You say 'kitschy' like it's a bad thing.
jaded
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006 10:00:11 AM »

No pattern, sorry.  The bust is fairly obvious but I think it's attached to a bubble skirt with a giant [faux] bow in front.  (Potentially faux because of a lack of obvious loops)

Maybe if you described what pieces you think it's made up of (explaining the version you want to make) someone will have a more helpful suggestion.

I can't imagine that there is a pattern though, since this design is so voluminous.  Although I suspect you might be making a less puffy version to wear in the real world?  Even if you found a base halter or something, it would take a bunch of extra work to get the 'skirt' right and to sculpt the bow...

Good luck and so on. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...