A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,815
Currently Running With Scissors:
276 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: EZ-UP at Walmart  (Read 9607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Serendipity
« on: September 05, 2004 05:49:40 PM »

I was at Walmart yesterday and saw that they have EZ-UP tents for $93. I know they're not the top of the EZ-UP line, but they didn't look cheap or flimsy or anything. I would have bought one if I didn't already get mine elsewhere. Oh, and my local store had blue and green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alixianervosa

That's what she said

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004 12:36:08 AM »

warning:  My mom owns a jewelry business and has been doing art shows for the last 9 years.  If you are doing outdoor fairs beware of the easyup.  We have had two collapse from heavy winds, one with us in it.  No one got hurt, but since then(like 8 years ago) we invested in a nice tent, and we haven't had a problem since.  Even when there have been large storms over night.  So, if you're just doing fairs once in a while, an easy up will probably be the least difficult way to go, but I would say that it's worth it to spend the big chunk of money on a nice tent that will last you.  If you just take care of it you will be better off than buying a new easy up every year or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates." -Willy Wonka
elizwong
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004 01:21:52 PM »

We bought a tent from Home Depot that was probably about the same quality as the one at Walmart.  I think it was around the same price.  It works fine, but from helping other people at the market set up their tents, I noticed that the better quality tents are way easier to put up.

Ours just doesn't work as well, the pins that hold the tent up are a little harder to put in place, it's a little flimsier than the other tents, sometimes random connector pieces will pop off the tent, etc.  And since I have small weak hands, I usually have to get one of the guys to help me pop the connectors into place.

Ours hasn't collapsed yet!  But we do have to weight it down when it's windy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liz

Paintings, purses and greeting cards
http://www.artghost.com
http://artghost.blogspot.com
supercrafty
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004 05:42:10 PM »

I have an ezup and have not had any problems, but then again I'm in Los Angeles and it doesn't rain here.  Anyway you can not buy it at Wal-Mart would be great, since they are really evil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedStitch
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004 07:39:00 AM »

I am so happy with my EZ-UP!!! I bought it at Sam's Club for $ 198. I thought it was decent.... We did not find any EZ-UPs at Walmart. My is white. I really wanted a blue, but they only had white. Then I've read on one of fair applications that the were requiring a WHITE tent. I am happy with white one after I saw this requirement. Does any fair require like a BLUE tent or a RED?

Before I had a cheesy million pieces tent, so I see a BIG difference now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShelbyAD
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004 05:25:50 AM »

Has anyone ever bought the "walls" for an EZ-Up Tent?  If so, where?  How much?  We found some on the ez-up website and for $98 A PIECE or you can buy a set of 4, not made of the same material, for $129.00.  Do you know if Sam's sells the walls?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedStitch
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004 12:01:52 PM »

My tent from Sam's already had walls, that's probably why it was more expensive than the one in Walmart.

I did not see walls at Sam's. Only with a tent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dessert Tray
October 9, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sugar Lip Scrub

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...