A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
170 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do I do a fauxhawk?  (Read 4230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

hotgluegungal
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004 12:00:17 PM »

Bed Head hair supplies has something that keeps your hair really hard for a long time. I'm not sure of the name...rock star or gungy something. But you can find bed head stuff almost everywhere (they have it at wal-mart) so check it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coffee

i need more coffee...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004 04:19:46 PM »

i've used egg whites & elmer's glue (now more washable!)  egg whites shouldn't smell if you get all the yolk out.  i usually put my hair up with the whites when it's long & set it with the glue. 

but i don't think pink is really sporting a faux-hawk, it's more of the eighties poof where you tied your hair in a pony tail, pulled a front chunk forward & sprayed some aqua net.  faux-hawks are when you have short boy-type hair & smush it into a mohawk with pomade. i like the men's crew pomade, it's watersoluble unlike beeswax or the petroleum jelly stuff.

*e
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee drinker,
bookbinder,
quilter &
creature maker
blondage
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2004 12:37:37 PM »

Hey!

I often do my hair similarly to that - kind of a combo fauxhawk/pompador/80's 'do. A hairdryer, Aqua Net and a little bit of backcombing should be all you need! You also may want to try blowing your hair dry upside down with lots of gel first to get that extra poof in front. Then just spray your hair up in the front, then back comb a bit when it is dry to achieve desired height, smooth lightly with a comb or brush, spray again, slick/pull back the sides as you like, maybe throw in a bobby pin or two if needed to keep things tite, and there ya go! A little bit of pomade on the sides might also help keep it nice and slick, depending on what type of hair you have and what effect you are going for. If you have really unruly or thick hair, flat ironing (like a crimping iron, only no crimps!) the front up might help.

Good Luck!

Blondage
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...