A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 314,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
117 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quick Girls' Shrug Pattern  (Read 999 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jlyarnworks
« on: October 05, 2006 10:42:36 PM »

My daughter (age 3, size 4/5) is a flower girl in a December wedding and will be wearing a dress with spaghetti straps (!!!). I found some beautiful chunky yarn that I want to use to make her a simple shrug to wear at least before and after the ceremony, at the reception, etc. I'm an advanced knitter, but time is extremely limited, so if there's a simple, quick pattern using chunky yarn out there I'd love to see it! I just don't have the time or energy to make up my own or do any math to convert something. (I'm sleep deprived thanks to her baby sister!)

Thanks for your help,
Jackie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamagotchi
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006 11:12:51 PM »

I don't know of any specific patterns, but have you thought of checking knitty (www.knitty.com)?  they usually have good stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006 06:57:30 AM »

I have a vintage bolero pattern for a toddler, really cute and simple.  I think it is for a smaller size, but I also think it is made in either a sport or worsted yarn, so you may be able to adjust the size just by using your chunky yarn.  I'll look when I get home and see if it would be suitable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
elijor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006 07:40:03 AM »

What about Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723 . That is the first page of a very long thread (60 pages) from the knitalong topic. Here is the link to the actual pattern page in craftster and here is the PDF version from Julsey's blog.
On this page is aschenebly's instructions (about half way down - the picture is a couple of pages earlier) for the one she did for a 15 month old.

There are some more that were made child size in the knitalong thread but I quit looking after I found the one linked above. They are really cute and fast to make. I think it might be more comfortable and stay on better than a traditional sleeves and back only shrug.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...