A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
104 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Panel Skirt  (Read 5145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Buggirl

The gaijin dancing bear

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2004 06:04:34 AM »

I've been panicked about an upcoming bellydance thing and having no costumes. so I went through my scrap and hit this website http://homepage.ntlworld.com/crispin.roche/sewing.htm which has a nice generator for panel skirts.  The pattern is mainly for flamenco, so I had to drop the waist and put in elastic, but it's not half bad for an evening after my first day assisting a homeroom teacher in a Japanese elemantary school (which is why my face looks like that)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018 02:17:11 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fanny
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004 06:29:29 AM »

very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Star
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004 09:39:19 AM »

Very pretty.....nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RosiePosie
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004 02:08:06 PM »

Very pretty! Nice abs too! Damn, I wish mine looked like that,lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buggirl

The gaijin dancing bear

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004 03:09:58 PM »

Thanks, for skirt and abs complements! Both the sewing and the abs have started to fall into place lately (I thank craftster, my used sewing machine, and over a year of weekl/bi-weekly bellydance lessons)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004 08:05:42 AM »

very nice love the fabric and thanks for the awesome link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
Buggirl

The gaijin dancing bear

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004 08:40:48 AM »

Yeah, I was so happy when I found that web page. And the fabric comes from Cambodia (The pattern is typical of the Seam- reap temple area) i picked it up for about 4-5$. I was going to make a bed spread but realized I bought too little of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jessilyn

PuddinPants, You Can Kiss It.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004 09:32:20 PM »

Not to take away from the lovely skirt,
but have you really noticed a difference from bellydancing?
i've been reading about it for awhile now
but had no teachers around here until recently
Just had a baby so i want to try something fun to fix the new spare tire
bLaH
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buggirl

The gaijin dancing bear

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004 01:14:36 AM »

I've been studying bellydance for about a year now, I'm now going to class up to four hours a week and I'm looking forward to my first solo gig next month ( read "looking forward to" as "vaguely terrified of")

I've always been pretty solid at dance, but it was a challenge.

I started in because I needed something to keep me in shape and mentally sane here in Japan. It worked. You can just do it for fun, or totally geek out on technique, or get into studying about the history and costume styles, it's rather addictive. I used to do aerobics back in the states, but bellydance has really changed my posture, abs, stamina, and body image in a way that repetitive crunches or hyper-active stepping didn't. I can now do some wacky belly undulations and hip slides that surprise me.

That being said, a great deal depends on if you have a fun teacher who makes sure to keep competitive crap and bitchyness outside of the classroom, and balances technique with general doses of fun.

I'd highly recomend it as a hobby/excersize to pick up after a relocation/ body change/ life change/ what not.

And my craft background means that I have some great embriodered hip-scarves and I am taking on the chellenge of making my own bra and belt set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasihime
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007 01:30:03 PM »

I've been study
I've been studying bellydance for about a year now, I'm now going to class up to four hours a week and I'm looking forward to my first solo gig next month ( read "looking forward to" as "vaguely terrified of")

I started in because I needed something to keep me in shape and mentally sane here in Japan. It worked. You can just do it for fun, or totally geek out on technique, or get into studying about the history and costume styles, it's rather addictive. I used to do aerobics back in the states, but bellydance has really changed my posture, abs, stamina, and body image in a way that repetitive crunches or hyper-active stepping didn't. I can now do some wacky belly undulations and hip slides that surprise me.

That being said, a great deal depends on if you have a fun teacher who makes sure to keep competitive crap and bitchyness outside of the classroom, and balances technique with general doses of fun.

I'd highly recomend it as a hobby/excersize to pick up after a relocation/ body change/ life change/ what not.

And my craft background means that I have some great embriodered hip-scarves and I am taking on the chellenge of making my own bra and belt set.
ing bellydance for about a year now, I'm now going to class up to four hours a week and I'm looking forward to my first solo gig next month ( read "looking forward to" as "vaguely terrified of")

YAAAAY! ME TOO! I'm very pleased to find other dancers on Craftster! I love the fabric for that skirt. It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...