A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 315,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
290 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 107425 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

timarie
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2006 10:07:20 PM »

This year I was a space girl which was completely and utterly inspired by Indie33 https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=61074.0

I was hoping to go with a green theme but that didn't entirely work out since I was searching for a lime green shirt at 5pm on Halloween. I made the skirt out of silver tissue lame(ugh) and the wrap shirt out of some awful stretchy silver material that left pull marks when stretched which meant I had to cover all seams with the tissue lame to prevent runs. some kids hot pink turtle neck, white tights.

Anyway here are some photos! ray gun and all

I also made the toothfairys tutu, which you can't see in this photo TOO well, lots of different layers of netting, two top layers of tulle. and I made the peacock costume is mine from last year, I layers together all the feathers between a patch of cordouroy and sewed black feathers on top.

and me lazering all the cabs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigeyes
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2006 10:20:23 PM »

My 4-year-old boy asked to be an "angry robot" and this is what I came up with:

ha!  that is so cute, I especially love the angry robot holding the cowardly lion's paw as they walk down the street. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
weeta
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2006 12:55:41 AM »

I made a mummy costume based on 365halloween's tutorial. I won 1st place (and $100!) at work and had way too much fun making it...and a lot more fun being a mummy all day Cheesy

(thumbnails....clickity-pop!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

decibel
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2006 03:43:12 AM »

GASP! Shocked

The Harley Quinn costume gets all my trophies!
Wow!! Great great work.

Pinksqueek: You look very cartoon-y (and that's a compliment)! And you're HOTTT! I actually do like the stereotypical floozielicious slutty type Halloween costumes for ladies (though I think it's kinda sad that adult women actually need Halloween as an excuse to dress "like a slut"! Sluts unite, I say! Fight the power... Smiley Ahem... Well back on topic.) but I think this is so much better!

Your costume is AMAZING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2006 05:56:35 AM »

Harley Quinn ... is my all time favorite villianess EVER. Period, quite honestly. In the world.

Mine too!!  You did a great job on the whole outfit, and so brave to stick hot craft foam on your face    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emmalemma
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2006 06:37:01 AM »

Everyone's costumes are so awesome!

I just got home from work and was able to get a few pictures taken of mine, so excuse the post-work tired expressions! This is a dress made from the two Regency period patterns Simplicity released a few months ago. It was very fun to make, and includes a chemisette, short stays, petticoat, and the dress itself. The little jacket I sort of created at the last minute, and it is not as fitted as I would have liked. And either my arms are too short, or the sleeves were too long,  Wink But you all know how that goes... The bonnet was bought, and I trimmed it myself (I think the most fun of the whole project)

The bonnet, taken several days ago
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/blue_vistas/DSCN5172.jpg

The whole look
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/blue_vistas/side.jpg

Just the dress. I don't know why the dress looks so short in these, the petticoat really wasn't sticking out that much!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/blue_vistas/side2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

You look like Elizabeth Bennett!  You look like you walked off the pages of Jane Austen.  I love that.  It's the favorite costume I've seen so far.  You've got my wheels turning for next year.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018 01:32:17 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oops Creations
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2006 06:38:53 AM »

My costume for passing out candy last night.  Not as homemade as the others (vintage house coat from local thrift store) but still thought I'd share in the spirit of all things Halloween

I was June CLEAVER (I know bad pun, but I had fun and all the parents thought it was funny-- the kids were ambivilent)

Here I am just "cutting up a little something for dinner."

Ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille.....

There's been some great zombie makeup done with liquid latex, i just use old eyeshadow, pancake makeup and fake blood. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
sarahpanda
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2006 07:44:49 AM »

Pinksqueak your costume is AWESOME! I love Harley too, and I have this pipe dream that my boyfriend and I will someday lose enough weight to pull off matching Harley and Mr. J costumes...I can do Harley's voice dead-on and my boyfriend has the huge scary smile down pat. Now to just get skinny!

You looked fantastic! I can't even imagine working with that much spandex. Kudos to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchypanda.etsy.com
gmail chat: sarahpanda
ladyvincenza

artists make lousy slaves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2006 08:06:21 AM »

I just wanna say how cool all of these costumes are. Creative minds are at work. I exp. love the octopus, headless Andy, oh, too many to list. I am tempted to steal an idea for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Schnoogles
Shazberry Schnoogles

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2006 08:19:21 AM »

I went as what everyone else went as. A pirate, arrr.

The thread with more pics of my costume is here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=130561.0
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018 01:32:58 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dom: "This guy was a nightmare to work with, the Balrog. He had a huge trailer, never came out, never bought a round when we went to the bar, do you remember?"

Billy: "Very rude."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Crochet Rainbow Scarf
Let it Snow!
Meatless Monday: Cauliflower Spinach Puree

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...