A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
206 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corset and tute!  (Read 336133 times)
Tags for this thread: corset , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Roethke
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2010 11:10:59 AM »

Could you maybe do a tute for an overbust corset?
No.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dana_h
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2010 01:44:14 PM »

I made one!  Smiley

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356162.0
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010 07:34:49 AM by dana_h » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't mess with the pie ho(le)
angelusnoctis

Angelusnoctis ^^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2010 10:05:57 AM »

First, I have to thank you, Roethke, for this great tutorial. I wanted to make a corset since I discovered it years ago, but I wasn't able to find quality grommets for it in my city. Some months ago I moved to the capital of my country, and here I've found lots of nice shops full of nice things!! I finally found the perfect grommets on Monday... and two days later... here is my corset! I hope you like it ^^

Front:

Back:

Detail:

This is my first corset and my second garment (I've just made some bags, cushions and a skirt before), so I'm really happy with the result. My hip is bigger than my chest, that's why it looks "smaller" on the bottom part, but the measurements were ok.

Thank you very much again for the tute... I'm looking forward to this weekend to wear my new zebra corset!! Cheesy

By the way, sorry if I make mistakes with my english, it's not my mother tongue Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reds Princess

Lace Heart Productions

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2010 12:30:25 PM »

WOW!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bohemian.Blitzkrieg
Rollergirl

Fine Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2011 06:02:14 PM »

Wow!
I wrote down all of your instructions and hope to start a mock-up of this project next week!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like: Reading, good literature, old movies, sci fi, steampunk, Burton, Roller Derby, Owls, corsets, tattoos, Post Punk music, 1920s-30s,  etc.

I play Roller Derby. 03/02/2010-present

Roller Derby Swap Round 3: Crafting ideas!
aranumenwen
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2011 06:32:04 AM »

So I'm planning on making one of these in the near future.  So I spent some time before recycle day searching for jugs and I can't find any, but what I did find were some of those flimsy plastic cutting boards, they come in packs of 5 in pretty colors and stuff.   

Now I'm wondering what the general consensus is on this idea. Maybe someone already tried it and it was an epic fail?  I WAS gonna read through all the other replies and see if anyone had already tried it, but theres like 37 pages and its also really early.

If no one knows I'll be posting pics of my attempt for sure, I am super excited anyway, I've only got two projects in line ahead of this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muchness
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2011 02:20:55 AM »

In this part of the world I have to import boning if I want to use it...so everytime I look at a store-bought corset and go "I'm sure mine would fit better" I quail before import duties. Now, with a plastic bottle, I will be armed and ready to try making my own Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roethke
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2011 08:46:31 AM »

I have made a couple corsets with your wonderful tutorial and messed with the original pattern, hope you dont mind
I tore apart an old formal dress I was never going to wear for the outside of the corset and used an old white bedsheet for the inside.
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq204/nickaia/photos/DSC_0328.jpg
For some reason I had to add 4 panels (two on each side) to make it fit me but when my friend made one with me she had no problem with the modified version of the pattern.  
I also modified the pattern to be used for an overbust though I am still working out a few kinks...

(edit: I used the plastic strips used to bind stacks of newspaper together for boning http://www.mcmaster.com/#strapping-components/=dq37g7  cheap and easy to use)
Gorgeous!  I love the two tone corset.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bizooey
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2011 07:06:34 AM »

Jesus, I just read through every page of this and I must say, I am super inspired to make my own. A few of my friends are insisting on taking me out to a fetish bar and I have practically nothing to wear... but now I will. Wink Thanks for the amazing tutorial, and for everyone here who put in their own two cents on how to modify it to best suit our individual style and materials on-hand. (Flexible cutting boards and trespassing signs? Genuis!) I will definitely post pics.... maybe I will even start on it tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelfire162058
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2011 04:54:39 PM »

When you say sew the orange lines together, how do they become straight?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...