A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
157 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Displaying hair accessories  (Read 2115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dimhalo
« on: August 30, 2004 06:44:53 PM »

I have my first craft fair coming up on Sept. 11, and I'm looking for those little card sort of things to sell my hair accessories on. I'm looking for something kind of like the earring cards at: http://www.thunderbirdsupply.com , but for hair supplies (like the cardboard that sets of bobby pins come on at the store, but for only one or two pairs) . Does anyone know where I could find such a thing (cheaply, if possible)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockReceptionist

i do something creative every day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004 09:34:32 AM »

i don't like the mass produced look for my products, so i just cut up brightly colored thick paper in different shapes (rectangular, triangular) and take out my extra fine point sharpie and doodle around the corners of the card. sometimes i make various sized dots, other times, spirals, diamonds, flowers with dots, each one different and unique. then i take out my knotting tweezers and poke two holes into the card and stick the bobby pins/ earrrings in the holes. i neatly handwrite my name & e-mail on the back of the card.

this lemonade stand style works with my products, but i guess it couldn't for everyone. i hope your event went well and that you learned lots from your experience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexscreations
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004 09:51:08 AM »

I have my first craft fair coming up on Sept. 11, and I'm looking for those little card sort of things to sell my hair accessories on. I'm looking for something kind of like the earring cards at: http://www.thunderbirdsupply.com , but for hair supplies (like the cardboard that sets of bobby pins come on at the store, but for only one or two pairs) . Does anyone know where I could find such a thing (cheaply, if possible)?

That's a good question.  Please let me know if you find them anywhere.  What I do, for now, is use a thick ribbon to clip barrettes onto for display purposes.  It looks pretty nice that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...