A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brevard County Art/ Craft Group  (Read 2779 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

warmsoul

making the work.....

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2006 09:13:46 PM »

Hey Brevard area crafty peeps! I'm looking to start one or more groups in Brevard County that would help us network and get to know other crafty people in this area (I know you must be out there!!!!)

These are the type of groups i'm interested in starting:

1) I'm looking to start a discussion group/ salon/ dinner group with other fine artists who would like to discuss life as an artist, trying to make a living as an artist and provide each other with honest feedback on their work. Interested artists should be serious about creating authentic and meaningful work. Ideally, interested artists would have a modern approach to their creative process, with an emphasis on conceptual thought so there is a better chance of everyone jiving.

2) Secondly, i'm interested in starting a networking group/ crafting circle with other like-minded forward thinking crafters. Those interested would have a focus on not only making but also selling their crafts and preferably have a fine art/design slant to their work. By that i mean you don't necessarily have to be formally trained but that you're crafting from your own designs and artwork.

If you think you would be interested in any or all of these groups. please respond with a comment or two and maybe we can hook it all up! I'm hoping to find enough Brevard people to get something going on a monthly basis and make some new friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://barbaraanntubbs.com
paintings, handmade books, art objects
sdowdell
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007 05:55:12 AM »

did you get any respones or start anything? I am in Brevard, but I'm not sure that I am enough "art" for your group?

I would really like to see somethign happen in this area, like some sort of alternative craft/art show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss-Stitchdependent
Crafty is as Crafty Does

I dig skinny pale guys, no seriously I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007 03:37:17 PM »

what about meeting at a library once so its a public place and get started from there
THIS ROCKS   Logged

warmsoul

making the work.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007 07:04:18 AM »

i'm not necessarily worried about having enough "art" just that those who would like to participate  have original designs and are interested in selling and promoting their work. I think a meeting at a library would be ideal or a coffee place etc. I would like to organize a alternative craft fair in Brevard/ Cocoa Beach. I think the time is now! Craft Underground Brevard is coming. Post or email me. info@barbaraanntubbs.com. If you have ideas for a venue, date, etc. All folks who contribute to the planning will be dully compensated with free space, advertising, etc. Let's get this together boys & girls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://barbaraanntubbs.com
paintings, handmade books, art objects
Miss-Stitchdependent
Crafty is as Crafty Does

I dig skinny pale guys, no seriously I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007 07:21:22 PM »

im into the idea maybe saturday mornings ?
Im a waitress Im busy and whay about kitchy jewlrey for the show? kitchy and beachy are my gigs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

floridastyle05
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007 08:58:50 AM »

I am in Brevard County and would be interested...

Misti
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Bibs from Old Shirts
Meatless Monday: Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake with Vegan Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Mondrian Inspired Tri-Shutter Card

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...