A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
212 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 522
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1336055 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

bag_lady
« Reply #2200 on: February 28, 2006 08:41:30 AM »

i've got a question. my tattoo artist told me to take a shower or bath twice a day for the first week and wash it with soap and every thing. and then she said after 3 or 4 days i can use lubriderm on it. but i dont know how often to put it on  Huh how often did you put it on? (its been 3 days since i got my tat)

Here's the aftercare from my artists website. 

"How do I take care of my new tattoo?"  After washing your hands, remove the bandage 1 hour after the application of the tattoo.  Wash the tattoo carefully with cold water and a mild antibacterial soap.  Rinse completely and pat dry with a paper towel.  DO NOT WIPE WITH A TOWEL.  Apply a very thin coat of A&D ointment.  (Not the diaper cream) Repeat this process 2-3 times daily for the first three days.  Then you may switch to a mild hand lotion for the next two weeks.  Avoid any lotion with perfumes, dyes, or additives, especially aloe or vitamin E.  Your tattoo should peel a few days after getting it.  Any scabs that form are not be picked at or scratched, as this can result in a loss of ink.  Always make sure you wash your hands before touching a healing tattoo.  Avoid tanning, swimming, soaking the area, or exercising the area until the healing process is complete.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Country_Gal

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2201 on: February 28, 2006 08:56:36 AM »

my instructions were quite a bit like that, except the A&D ointment...so i should put the hand lotion on 2-3 times daily?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Nicole-
bag_lady
« Reply #2202 on: February 28, 2006 09:06:55 AM »

I put it on any time it feels dry.  Just make sure you don't glob it on.  I use a small amount and rub it in until its gone and when it feels dry and cracky, then i'll put more on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Country_Gal

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2203 on: February 28, 2006 10:37:02 AM »

ooh k. i was just worried i would put it on too often. thanks!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Nicole-
lbdancer123

Where the HELL is my chiffon?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2204 on: February 28, 2006 01:47:49 PM »

all i can say about all these tattoos is WOW and AMAZING!  i haven't gotten any yet, but i thought i'd post the design that i'm planning on getting... possibly a 20th birthday present to myself.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lbdancer123/detail?.dir=8c0b&.dnm=1f84re2.jpg&.src=ph

i drew this design myself earlier this year. dance is my life, and i think this depicts my love of it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006 01:49:47 PM by lbdancer123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2205 on: February 28, 2006 07:23:13 PM »

I like to use A&D for the first 3 days, also. Then I use this on my tattoos: http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod3700005
It's unfragranced body cream from the Body Shop. I like it better than any other lotion I've tried, and it lasts forever. bag_lady's instructions are pretty much universal, I've only heard slight variations on them through the years. I've tried a lot of things, and this process has worked the best for my tattoos so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinytallgirl
« Reply #2206 on: February 28, 2006 07:58:54 PM »

Aveeno unscented works wonderfully.  You can get a large stand up tube of it in the baby aisle. That and it lasts 24 hours without the greasy feeling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 01, 2006 09:23:52 AM »

all i can say about all these tattoos is WOW and AMAZING!  i haven't gotten any yet, but i thought i'd post the design that i'm planning on getting... possibly a 20th birthday present to myself.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lbdancer123/detail?.dir=8c0b&.dnm=1f84re2.jpg&.src=ph

i drew this design myself earlier this year. dance is my life, and i think this depicts my love of it.

Great design!  That will make an awesome tattoo!  Where are you going to have it placed on your bod?

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
evolpixie

"I am like a tiger colt, rip rip RIP RIP!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2208 on: March 01, 2006 10:03:15 AM »

this is a pic of my forearm(if i got it to work!) i had done last spring. its my 5th tattoo. i have 2 star outlines, one on each inner bicep; tank girl on my upper arm; a silly jolly roger with a  heart between my boobs and chest piece of two swallows and stars. this was also by far the least expensive thanks to my amazing boyfriend  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i peddle tiny cuteness: * www.tinythingsarecute.com *
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 01, 2006 12:30:16 PM »

I really like that one evolpixie!  It's gorgeously coloured, and I like the lines of it; it really makes you think of water, doesn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 522 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...