A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
235 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting in Public: Muggle Relations  (Read 75665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2007 08:53:58 PM »

The best way to avoid people asking you questions is to listen to music at the same time. If you're plugged into your headphones then people are usually polite enough not to bother you and interrupt.

Aparently not around here. I had a coworker keep talking to me when were doing individual work of chart auditing and i kept pulling off my headphones to answer her questions. When i finally got frusterated and started singing along quietly to ignore her she said "oh, are you listening to music or something??"

i dont knit but i read and it never fails when im reading everyone and their brother wants to know what im reading and then launch into some lame conversation. I'm probably just a jerk but reading= i dont want to talk to you, leave me alone.

Ha ha, yeah, I know what you mean.  I accidentally do it whenever I see someone reading something on breaks at work, "Whatcha readin'?"  But, of course, ask me and they get this  Angry face from me.

However, I'm considered anti-social, a nerd, rude, and unapproachable if I knit in public.  I went to a bar with a couple of knitting friends and some other people we knew.  My friend and I started to knit at the bar while talking, so we weren't anti-social, but we got a lot of strange looks.  Finally, some of the waitresses came over and asked why were were knitting, not what ... by why... sigh, sigh.  It doesn't stop me from doing it though.  My sister despises that I knit or crochet at her kids' ball games even though I can pay attention at the same time.  She always wants something though - a purse, a scarf, an afghan, but doesn't want to see it being done apparently.

Crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
chucklikesart
RADTASTIC!

Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2007 09:43:09 PM »

Also, I have had MULTIPLE GUYS ask me the same question once they find out that I knit.

Guy: You knit?
Me: Yep!
Guy: Will you knit me a thong?

MULTIPLE GUYS! I'm not kidding. And they bring it up every time they see me. "Finished with my thong yet?" Nope! Hahaha...boys are so strange!

Which is funny, because I knit one for my boyfriend and he was kinda.. not impressed. I didn't really knit it because I wanted him to wear it, I just wanted to knit it for the sake of knowing I can knit a male thong.

couldn't resist:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTthong.html
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATT302calories.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lymabeans

I do the best imitation of myself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2007 11:57:10 PM »

Also, I have had MULTIPLE GUYS ask me the same question once they find out that I knit.

Guy: You knit?
Me: Yep!
Guy: Will you knit me a thong?

MULTIPLE GUYS! I'm not kidding. And they bring it up every time they see me. "Finished with my thong yet?" Nope! Hahaha...boys are so strange!

Yup.  One of my friends told another one of my guy friends that you could knit a thong out of shoe-string licorice.  Ever since then he's been after me to make him a "candy thong."

Awkward? I think yes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 12:06:34 AM by lymabeans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When all else fails, blame it on the Great English Vowel Shift."
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2007 01:12:38 AM »

I'm so tempted to knit one for some of my male friends just to see their reaction
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
weirdlilcraftychic

oh wow look at me

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2007 10:37:14 AM »

when I was in high school

"crocheting is for grannies!"
me: "that's cool, cause I'm knitting"
"welll....knitting's for grannies too!"
me:"eh, glad you're up on your stereotypes"

seriously, at least know what you are insulting....also, he later asked me to make him a hat...yeah, NO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2007 01:11:40 PM »

I have had sooo many requests for male thongs and of course I laugh and give a "no" answer... yet they all seem to think I will knit them one!!!

"Hey, what about those skivvies for me and my friends?"

Ummm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Firefairy
Eclectic Savant

What do you mean, "it isn't supposed to explode"?

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2007 01:09:59 AM »

Make them thongs sized for Ken dolls with really long side strings so they would technically fit and say "I had to guess at the size, but I think it should fit".  Grin  Insult the frank 'n beans and they will never ask again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but sticks and string excite me.

Got Wist?
I'm on Ravelry, and now, so are my stash and WIPs.  Makin' progress!
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2007 01:13:09 AM »

Make them thongs sized for Ken dolls with really long side strings so they would technically fit and say "I had to guess at the size, but I think it should fit".  Grin  Insult the frank 'n beans and they will never ask again.
BAHAHAHA. That's amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sticky_fingers
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2007 04:50:22 AM »

Hm, I ride my bike to uni and work, so I don't have a long commute or anything where I can knit.

I did take my knitting to the pub a while ago though... but I have to say, I liked the attention people gave me! They all seemed really interested and impressed (I was knitting the Danica scarf from knitty, and it looks hard even though it's pretty simple). I think I'm gonna do it more often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: August 01, 2007 06:33:36 AM »

LOL!  I was trying to think of a tactful way to say just that... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...